"What are you doing?" His voice became stern, I looked towards him and set my eyes onto his, trying to show no sign of emotion. My heart sank more when he called my name.

"I'm sorry." I said as I brushed past him but I halted as the tight hold of my wrist held me back. I turned and found him grasping my wrist. "Let go." I said as I heard some noise from outside the office and worried of Michael had gotten caught. "I said I have to go!" I tried to push him away it he didn't budge, his eyes were fixed on mines. I shake my head to drift away unnecessary thoughts while Michael is risking his life out there. "I'm leaving." I've made up my mind and I won't think any second thoughts.

Our conversation had became so intense that the silence was nerve wrecking. "No." He whispered. "No, no, no." He said it whilst looking at me with torn eyes, that I almost fell weak to my knees. This feeling was unbearable.

"Release my arm!" I had to get away from here soon, if not, then my feeling would take over. I couldn't let that happen. I've been through so many things and I can't manage to repeat from the very beginning. I can't disappoint the others around me. I can't disappoint Martha.

"Whatever I've done, you have to forgive me. Please, I can't lose you." His emotionless expression reversed to a vulnerable and broken William. I felt his hand tighten around my wrist, making me whimper at the admiration and longing in his eyes. "You're the only good thing that's ever happened to me, please-you can't leave."

"I have to."

He shook his head at me, closing the proximity between us, I gulped at his amazing scent. "You don't." He said. "I won't let you leave me." He wrapped a hand around my waist as he declared in possessiveness.

I was stunned at the tone of voice he used as if his decision was final and this argument was settled. "William James Carter, if you don't let go of my wrist this instant-"

"What?" He interrupted, his expression held onto a cold vibrant shiver down my spine but his eyes said it all, pain and hurt. "Your going to threaten to do more than what you seem like and will slap me once again?" He paused, and as if his expression suddenly couldn't keep on the mask, he looked frustrated and ached inside. He pulled me causing me to crush into him, holding onto me tight, almost taking the breath out of me as he buried his nose deep into the crook of my neck, placing soft kisses onto it.

My body tingled at the sudden contact. My heart skipped a beat as I held my breath in place. I couldn't speak anymore, no matter how much I tried to. Part of me wanted to push him away and escape with Michael to change every wrong doings the duke has set up. Whilst another part of me wanted to hold onto him and stay in this warm position as long as time allows. I find myself doing the second option, just as I realized my hands rising to hold his muscular built body, I quickly fell them to my sides and forced it to shove him away and give me back my personal space.

His eyes shown bewilderment and urgency over that expressionless mask. I turned round and head out the room, closing the door from behind. I remained in position, behind the door and couldn't predict my feelings of him not coming after me but it was for the best. I looked around my surroundings and couldn't find Michael anywhere nor any of the guards. I walk towards the end of the hall silently to search for him and make our big escape, but he was still not visible to the eye. Could he have been caught?

Suddenly my question was when two guards appeared by the corner, turning my direction. Just I was about to run and hide they caught sight of me and my hopes crushed down. However to my confusion, they didn't seem surprised to see me out of the cell at all. If I saw correctly they actually smirked. They didn't even make any move to drag me back into the cell, instead they made their way towards me calmly with their stupid smirk of victory still plastered on. Before I even realised, I heard another set of footsteps behind me. They stopped at an appropriate distance between us. My thoughts drifted off to Michael, wondering viciously if he was okay. I don't think I could cope with another person being dead because of me.