Seventeen

We stopped by the tomb- a flicker of memories passed my mind as I felt Ethan's hand drag me a little closer to him. He took my hands in his, intertwining our fingers together. "Remember this place?"

I felt Ethan press closer to the wall beside me and we were both smiling foolishly together at the situation we brought upon us.

'This is your fault.' I mouthed up at him, a wide playful grin playing across my lips.

He held the same ravishing grin, his green eyes sparked in the dark as he looked down at me. 'I'll make it up for you, I promise.'

"Oh, yeah." I laughed nervously, looking down at our hands, a little anxious.

"Eden, I don't want to wait any longer."

I laughed, taking my hands out his and holding his in mine. "I love you, but we need time. This... whatever this is can't be rushed."

He peered at me under his dark lashes for a while, until he sighed and turned away. "Do you want to go inside?" He stepped away from me and opened the door.

I nodded and followed suit. I felt the new vibrant air around me- as if dragging me to a new era in the old, ancient tomb.

I looked towards the stairway that leads down to the basement but didn't head there. Instead, I studied the patterns on the wall. Simple but elegant.

"You like it." He said, more of a statement than a question.

I nodded.

He walked over towards me, held my hand and lifted them up then placed it on top of the carving. His eyes were distant and all I wanted to do was grab him and kiss him better, but he spoke.

"It was carved from their ancestors. Generations before generations before generations." He explained, letting my hand fall loose. "It's old."

I pushed away the feeling of hurt. "I like old."

He looked at me.

"It has a history." A story. I wanted to say, but afraid he'd find that foolish.

After a while he said. "Aren't you warm, Eden? Why don't you take the jacket off?"

And I did. The jacket that Ethan hung over my shoulders, was no more of use. I gently took it off, letting the heavy leather black jacket rest on my elbow.

He stared at me intimidatingly, before I cleared my throat. "What about the carved names from the tomb," I said. "Why are some names crossed with an x?"

He looked at me before replying. "Because they're dead." He snarled in such a cold voice that it was almost impossible to recognise it came from him. His blue orbs were darker and more lifeless as he took a menacing step closer.

"W-what?"

"Dead, we killed them. Not that they know that, of course."

I shivered from the sudden change of temperature, it was awfully cold, or was it?

I turned, about to leave when a pair of hands surged me back. He had gripped my waist roughly. His breath lured by my neck as he breathed evenly as if nothing had just happened.

"Come with me, Eden." He splurged. "I really do like you, not all of it was an act." He turned me round. His eyes were calm, cool and collected.

But they were no eyes of his.

"Join us,"

"No!"

My slap echoed the room. His head was turned from the effect and a red mark began to form in the dark.