Thirteen

Both the emerging men were tall and lean; as if their features show their roles within the hierarchy in The Camp. As they neared, I straightened and clutched my hands shut. No longer expecting what I hope to take into occurrence- I can't hold on to my hopes that they are the men within The Camp.

I had already made a mistake and I don't intend to do it again. For any further knowledge to this situation, I deeply observed them and I felt as though they were no threat to us. One of the men had a crew-cut hairstyle as black as ink, brown eyes and olive surfaced skin- he wore the black shirt.

The other man was completely opposite- as he drew closer, I realised it was rather a boy with the b-dazzled blue shirt-within his early adolescent years; he had possessed a bleached blonde hair colour that of which seemed to have developed naturally, matching his green lantern eyes , it was oddly familiar despite the distance between us.

Before they even came about 10 meters of radius between us, Ferlando suddenly stepped forward and went in front of me in a protective manner, he raised his right hand so that I don't move close to the situation; seems like it wasn't just me who's trying to doubt the situation we were currently in.

"Who're you?" Ferlando said in a rather accusing tone.

I gaped my eyes at him. He's an injured man talking against two probably rebellious blokes; was he insane?

"If you don't mind him asking." I added contrarily, giving a side point to Ferlando.

Both of them drew closer until they finally decided to give it a rest by crouching and catching their breath. "Toby." The man in the black shirt said between heavy breaths. "Where's Toby?"

"Who're you?" Ferlando said once again; his tone more firm and guarded, maybe with a glint of uncertainty.

The man frowned in annoyance and faced towards the ground to retain his oxygen debt. Then suddenly, he gathered himself up and stood straight- looking at Ferlando in irritation. Why do I have a feeling Ferlando won't get along with anyone in The Camp?

"Listen, old man, we ain't got all the time in the world." He said, nodding sideways to Blondy who had already stood straight with crossed arms, glancing every time between Ferlando and his comrade in bewilderment.

"Where is Toby?" The man repeated through hard clenched teeth, his patience running out.

My heart was beating at the torturing silence; it was too much to bear. Ferlando was still in his protective position but his arm was now vertically beside him in clenched fists. I raised my arm and held onto Ferlando's shoulder. He was a head or two taller than me which made my situation rather awkward.

"Can we talk first?" After a moment of continuous silence, Ferlando gave in and stepped further away, allowing privacy for the inevitable conversation. "I think we can trust them." I said bluntly, my eyes fixed on Blondy who was now beside the man now staring at us with accusing and irritated eyes. His expression tells me that he finds this 'talk' irrational and seems not to be a patient person at all.

I heard Fredrick beside me sigh. His hands outstretched and slumped deeply into his pockets, seeming to have forgotten the pain from the wound on his shoulder blade. "Well I can't disagree with you more." He said in response, eyes fixated on the man as though they were undergoing a silent glaring competition.

I grabbed his hand opposite the wound and turned him round to me. "Why? How could they possibly not be our only chance in helping Toby and Michael? Do you not see the clothes they're wearing or are you just turning a blind eye at them for what happened there?"

Ferlando knew I was referring back to the two men that had intruded us earlier. When my thoughts had settled on them, I couldn't help but remember the dangerous aura they possessed and the thirst was real in their eyes. Revenge crossed my mind that instant and I wasn't able to shake it off - I'll have to remind Ferlando later.