Chapter 22: From one fight...to Another.

Sophie, Arion and Yuki were in a bit of bind. With only minutes until they left the frost covered world...a small army of black covered warriors stood surrounding them. These were the servants of time...all with the purpose of ending Arion's life. The three stuck close together "How should we proceed Arion?" asked Sophie

"We...we'll have to fight them" said Arion "or least hold out. I get the feeling...even if you carried us away, they'll still get us"

"But...how can we fight so many?" asked Yuki worriedly

"Dunno, but we have to try. We only have to hold on for five minutes. Then once the portal opens we can escape. Yuki...don't hold back any of your magic and Sophie...you'd best don your battle mode"

"Of course" said Sophie "Battle mode engaged!"

Metal plating began to appear upon Sophie forming over her arms and legs along with a light blue and red armoured vest which was perfectly covering her torso and bust. Four metal quills came out from her back with three neon-like red flames (Also called Thrusters) out of each one. The flames were streamlined, resembling the shapes of feathers. The quills and neon flames together made it look like she had wings. And lastly she had blue see-through visor covering both eyes.

Sophie scanned round her immediate area "I don't detect reinforcements, merely the ring of people round us and behind this building as well. And it's strange but...I can't seem to scan through their armour"

"A little weird" said Arion "but not quite important at this stage" it was then the warriors began all running towards

"Dam...here they come" said Yuki preparing her wand

"Sophie...guard our rear" said Arion assertively "And try not to stray too far. That portal, hopefully sooner than later, will be opening any minute"

"Okay...be careful" said Sophie "Let's weed out some on the way"

Sophie was first to move, taking off into the air and circling round the building. She saw the rear of warriors coming towards her and morphing both of her arms, began firing lasers. With precise accuracy her beams found their marks, picking off several of the servants of time. Then from her shoulder a 'rocket box' extruded out firing a flurry of missiles taking care of many more.

On Arions side he was continuously firing energy blasts at the warriors picking off whoever he could. While Yuki conjured fire beams and lightning strikes to pick off whoever she could hit. However despite their efforts the warriors kept coming "Time to shift to close-combat" said Arion flexing his hand making electricity "Yuki...watch yourself"

Arion held his ground, as the servants approached, then without warning the fight began. Arion used all of his skills and instincts to try and keep the warriors at bay. He kicked, punched and threw away his constant attackers but he could not avoid the odd grab. The servants weren't interested in striking Arion, simply gripping him. Two managed to grip his shoulders sending him into intense pain.

Arion shocked himself with electricity to release the warriors from him and proceeded to swat them away. Yuki saw the warriors were more aiming for Arion, which gave her plenty of freedom. Yuki waved a magic sign, of a pentagon within a diamond "Earth...rise to my will!" sharp stalagmites rose from the ground, striking a great number of servants knocking them upwards and backwards.

Sophie was still shooting at the servants but fatigue was starting to kick in for her "It should only be at least 120 seconds. I should be able to hold on by then" the warriors, to her surprise, began grabbing each other and flung each other at Sophie "What!?" Sophie weaved and ducked but one warrior grabbed her feet, stalling her movement allowing another to rise up and strike a strong punch to her face.