Chapter 54: A Painful Prologue

Arion found himself in the dark, his body felt like softly cocooned and wrapped in warmth. He was becoming a bit aware, feeling he was coming to when "not quite yet Arion...I need to speak with you" in his view point the apparition of the man, with only a mouth, came before him. He could now make out his brown hair and the cat ears which protruded through his hair

"Oh...who are...you?" he mumbled "Norai?"

"Yes...that's my name. And I'm happy to already see how well you and Serena, my daughter, have bonded so strongly"

"Me and Serena...have? But...we've only...just met. And how can you be...here?"

"You'll quickly understand...the true value of the bond you've formed, and how special it is. As for why I'm here...I'll tell you later but I've come here with a warning"

"Warn...ing?"

Norai sounded firm as he spoke "We all deal with emotional pain, in different ways. Some of us rise past it, keep it buried down...or succumb to it. Others turn in the pain into something more...tolerable but yet more dangerous. For this kind of pain...will bring out your own, some of which you'd wish to keep hidden. We'll meet...again" and with that Arion's world was replaced by light.

Arion looked upon a white ceiling, a red cone lamp shade and upon rising saw he was in a bed...a very large bed. The bed was double, the sheets a chocolate cream but he felt like a toddler within a grown-ups bed. The bed seemed to stretch on for a while both in width and especially in length. And upon looking round the room, he felt quite small indeed.

The room seemed as cavernous as the hallway, only filled with furniture. To his immediate right he saw a large white wardrobe on legs, with two yellow handles and on the right wall the same door he came through...only much bigger. To his left was a large make-up desk, with mirror and buffet. He saw a variety of items like a perfume bottle, a brush and a soft cloth which told Arion this was a girl's room.

To the back room was another door, only of a yellow colour, a leather swivel chair before a humongous TV and a large piano at the back right, pressed again the right wall, with a harp just before it. Arion stood up on the massive bed looking round the air "What's...going on...here? Why does this room feel...so big?" he ran to the edge of the bed, in a moon-walk fashion, till he jumped off to the red soft floor.

Arion looked back to the bed to see he was just a little shorter than it was "I'm actually smaller than the bed itself, this has to be dream. I mean the door I went through is there" he commented to the brown door "And last I checked I was the same size as it. I know I lost unconsciousness when I was about to knock...otherwise nothing"

Arion walked through the room, seeing all the furniture tower over him "This is what it must feel like for a toddler, to wander into their Big Sister's room. It feels...a bit strange really" he was going to the piano, jumping and climbing onto the long rectangle buffet. He had to stand but could easily press on the keys "Whoaa...I don't think I've played on of these before, just the electric kind, and right now I've got the oddest inspiration to play it"

Almost obeying a nudge, Arion found himself beginning to play. He had to use nearly his whole hand, but without realising it...began to play a melody upon the piano. He could feel his arms, almost moving for him...as if his body was being guided. Due to his small size he had to move, or side-step, to reach several of the keys but with his power of speed...played the melody with no difficulty.