Chapter 98: A Resolve Shared by Two

Arion, and his friends, were now met with a great unsettling sight...at the mentally broken army that surrounded them. All of them were once encased in metal, though had helmets removed, revealing a horrible truth. The majority were colourless, or featureless, looking miserable and broken. The rest of the people had normal, if miserable faces but a few...should have passed on. Evidenced by the actual Ariana Harrison...and Adam of the parallel world.

Met with this sight, and fuelled by hate, Arion had tight hold of Primus' shirt with his voice sounding half-synthesized "you will...tell me exactly what's going on right now. You really...call this saving anyone?"

"Why is...I can sense you...Sigma?" replied Primus in the same kind of voice

"These people...are meant to be gone, their souls going to the great beyond. Yet I hear you have captured them...and imprisoned them. Is this true?"

"Why should I explain-AHHHHH!" Arion poured more lightning through his body, Primus really writhing until Arion stopped and he went slack

"Don't. Push. Me!" Arion said very sharply "Is this...what you call saving people? Killing these people...and trapping their souls in emotionless armour!?"

"It's...the only way...to save...everyone"

"Tell us...the truth!"

"I'll do it Arion" said Sarly "But...could you release him? You could hurt him all you want...he won't talk" Arion, begrudgingly did so, but tossed him away instead.

Arion turned to Sarly, who looked truly ashamed "I knew...somewhat of what Primus was trying to do...but I never understood just how...horribly once"

"If you know this Sarly...kindly start explaining" said Eon rather cold in tone "Because much like Arion...I'm in no good mood either. I am watcher of time, time should always move as it should. To influence time is fine, to forge new routes through time is fine...but never should time be controlled or be used to control people. When a person goes...they go. To chain them to time, and force them to live...is something even I won't tolerate"

"In the beginning...our plan wasn't as drastic as it came to be" Sarly said ashamed "I'll admit...we did want to erase timelines, or rather fold them into one universe...but somewhere along the way, Primus' will itself...began to erode"

Sarly turned to Primus who was getting up, but was jerking from lingering sparks "The true original plan, was simply to prevent any dimension like ours did...from decaying and eroding to nothing. We learnt of the Legend of Cerebral, and how it would let one write the rules of the universe. We would merge decaying dimensions to a stronger one, making a new one. In this manner allowing the weaker one to gain strength"

"I get what you mean" said Arion "but compared to what Primus is trying to do, that one sounds...noble"

"I'll agree on that one" said Eon "and the process...sounds rather sound. Of course there might be some side effect but a dimension sharing off another, like an umbilical cord, would help stabilize it. And in the long run, and that could be decades, they would stabilize"

"But...then something doesn't add"

Arion thought of a moment, of a memory of he had of Primus "Sarly...there's three questions I have to ask. The first...is what happened to Primus. I...had...one of his memories"

"You...did?" asked Sarly

"Only two though. One was you talking with Primus, and how Diana calling him Father was another sign of things worsening"