Chapter 48 - Part 2: A Painful Parting

Arion was mulling the words Cora had told him in his head, but felt nothing familiar, or otherwise, from it "An Unbroken Promise? What do you mean by that?"

"It's a...special phrase that was...'implanted' in the special ones" Cora said "these words are a part of them...and that can never be removed"

"So...once I meet these special ones, and say 'An Unbroken Promise' they'll know what it means" Cora nodded

"Yes...at least I hope so but...you'll do this for me? I mean you might never find them"

"I want to at least try...Cora. I just can't stand to see you...hurting so much" Cora gasped

"How do you know I'm..." but with only glance to Arion's expression, which too shared sadness and mild torment "You're...hurting too...aren't you?"

"I...I don't know. I really don't know" he said a little scared "I just feel...something wrong, really wrong...but I don't know what is. Or even...what it could be" Cora, with a small feeling of proudness, put a gentle hand on Arion's head.

Arion turned to her "It seems...we both feels conflicted. It's one more thing we have in common. Which means...we have to work better to look after each other"

"Yeah...yeah you're right" Arion agreeing with her "Well once I get home, and sort out things with...my Mom, that is if I can even talk to her"

"I'm sure you can"

"That's another thing I'm not sure of anymore. But regardless once I'm done, I'll be coming back here"

"I'll be looking forward to it"

Arion felt a little more at ease to return home "Hey Cora...can I say something?"

"Yes" she replied

"I'm happy you're my friend" Cora smiled and looked a bit brighter

"And likewise to you...Arion" Kei, once more, had been listening in to the conversation with a light smile

"You two...make a good pair"

The group had made it to the check-in station, Cora and Kei seeing them off "Well everyone...I bid you safe travels" said Kei "I don't know what it's store, but I know you'll be fine. As for you Ariana..."

"Yes Kei?" asked Ariana

"Try to visit once in a while. I'm going to miss your company after all" Ariana in that moment ran to him, and hugged him

"I will Kei...I'll make sure of that" Kei lightly laughed and simply patted her back before she let go "The next time we meet, I'll tell you all of my adventures"

"I'll be looking forward to it"

Cora herself was bidding everyone goodbye "Well everyone, I've had so much fun with you all. Like Pa-Pa...I'm sure going to miss you"

"We'll be safe Ms Cora" said Diana energetically "And we'll make sure to have plenty of fun"

"And then tell you of all our adventures" said Ellen "That way it'll feel like you were there with us"

"And from me Cora...I'll try my best" Arion said "Okay?"

"I know you will" said Cora with a bright smile "Please be safe and have plenty of fun and Yuki..." she finished with a wink "try not to leave it too long" while question marks were raised Yuki just grinned