Chapter 38: Unfortunate Victim

Arion was remaining stood in place, Dawn's wand in hand, as he just witnessed himself cast an arte. A large wave of water towered over for him before it simply dispersed and vanished. Arion spoke slowly "I...actually casted a magic spell?" he said to himself in astonishment Selva attracted his attention with a tap to his arm

"Now do you see my point?" she said "That little test proves that you're no Norma"

"Why is that?" asked Alicia

"Because only those with Magical potential can even use a wand, let alone produce a spell"

"But I'm not from here" said Arion sounding a bit confused "I wasn't born in this town. So where does that leave me? Or what does it mean for me?"

"One of two things" said Selva showing an index finger "A, you are the descendant of an other-world Magister family"

"Or" said Cora coming in "That your blood is very similar to Magister blood"

Arion repeated the realisation as he looked at the green wand in hand "So...I could be an otherworld Magister? Or rather descended from one?"

"The possibility exists" said Sophie "And chances are Ariana is of the same circumstance. Being a twin means you share near identical DNA"

"Hmm...hmm excuse me" this came from Dawn who approached Arion, being at his nose in height, and rather timidly spoke in a young voice "Could I...hmm have it. That is my wand? Please?"

Arion was a bit lost in space as he looked at the wand in his hand before reacting "oh sorry. Here this is yours" she slowly took it from him "It's not damaged is it?"

"No...it's okay" she gave a small smile and spoke in a soft gentle tone "thank you for returning this to me. I'm very grateful" Arion felt she was much younger than she looked by her mannerisms

"You're Dawn right? So would that make you one of Yuki's friends?"

"Hmm yes that's right. How did you know?"

"We are friends of Yuki, whom we met in a parallel world" said Sophie "And upon asking of her friends she mentioned Dora, Elize, Dawn and Lilan. So am I right assuming you are the Dawn she spoke of?"

"I noticed that Yuki didn't mention me" said Selva looking a little irritated "but Dawn is one of Yuki's friends and mine. She's the baby of our group as, despite her height, is only eleven. She's soft spoken a little shy but quite talented"

"No wonder you had a very young atmosphere" said Alicia "Well it's lovely to meet you Dawn"

Dawn looked upon Arion with some wonder "So...hmm...hmm?"

"I'm Arion, one of Yuki's friends" he said smiling before gesturing to his friends "And I'm here with Alicia, Sophie and Cora"

"Oh...Arion thank you. Well hmm...can I ask...are you really not from here?"

"Yes I am. Heck we all are except Yuki...and Technically Cora" Dawn turned to Cora

"I'm from the town connected to this one" said Cora with a light smile "I make frequent visits though"

Dawn looked a bit curious "So...are you from that town connected to this one as well Arion?"

"No...not really" said Arion "I, or rather we, actually come from another time-line. We arrived here to track down Magna Salazar who we hope can help us out. I'm currently in a group of eight but we've split due to the size of this square of Bounty"