25

Jason and I both crouched back down, and my eyes went back to his arm that was now drenched in blood. "Your arm..."

"Don't worry about that right now, we just need to get out of here," he cut me off.

"I'm not stupid, I know you're hiding behind that car!" Alex called out again.

"That just means you're not blind!" Jason yelled back, then turned to me again. "My car is the black one closest to the road, that's where you need to get to," he pulled out the keys from his pocket.

"What?" I whispered.

"Speaking of which, have you seen all those lovely marks on your little girlfriend's body? We really had some fun," Alex taunted, his voice closer.

I watched as Jason clenched his jaw, clearly angry. "I'm gonna do a lot worse to you, just wait!" Jason then pulled out a phone and typed something in, probably getting help. "The most important thing is that you get away from here," he answered my earlier confusion.

"Not without you!" I argued.

There were 2 more gunshots, one going through the car window above us. I covered my mouth, not wanting to scream. "This could all end if you just give me control of the gang!" Alex reminded.

"This isn't a debate, you've been through enough!" Jason told me, his mind already made up. "I'll distract him, you know he loves his games!" He took my hand and put the keys in them.

"I love you," I told him, and he gave me a nod. I peaked out, waiting for Jason to make his move so I could run to the next car.

"It's hard to negotiate when we're shooting at each other!" Jason finally spoke up, shooting his gun towards Alex and allowing me to quickly move over. My heart was pounding out of my chest, praying Alex didn't see me.

"I tried being civil and you didn't care, remember?" Alex responded, letting my know I had gone unnoticed.

"I remembered you didn't want to compromise!" Jason yelled.

"And you did?"

"Guess you can tell we learned from the same person," Jason tried to add some humor. I decided to run to the next car as they went back and forth. Now Jason's car was closest, I was almost there.

"We both know I love to talk, but now's the time where you either hand over the gang, or I kill you and take over myself!" Alex got down to it.

"I'm not giving you the gang!" Jason stood his ground.

"Well then I guess I'll no longer have a brother!" Alex said, gaining my attention as I panicked. I watched as Alex moved to the side of the car Jason was on, pointing his gun but nothing happening. He had run out of bullets.

Jason lifted his own gun, but Alex was quick and kicked it out of his hand as he dropped his own. Alex then tackled Jason to the ground, throwing a punch. I stood there, knowing I now had the perfect time to escape, but still not wanting to leave Jason behind.

Jason then kicked Alex off of him, throwing some punches of his own. I reminded myself that he would be okay, and he wanted me to leave. I ran to his car, unlocking it while keeping an eye on Jason. It was then I noticed Alex had the advantage again, and pulled out a knife.

My eyes grew wide and I couldn't stand to watch anymore. I glanced between the gun still in my hand, and at Alex who was now on top of Jason. I lifted the gun with a shaky breath and aimed, hating Alex but not wanting to kill anyone. I got an idea though and pulled the trigger, hitting the car beside them and making them both look over. Jason used it as an opportunity and threw Alex off of him, even further now.