2

I had spent the day picking out clothes, and even some decor to put my own personal touch in the house. Maybe if it feels more like mine, I'll feel more comfortable. That and just time...this was still all weird.

I then thought back to my job, and how before I was found Jason had organized a way for me to treat some of his gang members. Maybe that would help me feel more at home too, I did miss my job. Jason was busy throughout the day though and I couldn't find the right time to ask him about it. It wasn't until dinner that we were actually sat down together.

"So, I heard you've picked out some things for yourself and the house," Jason said to me as we began to eat.

"Yeah...mostly clothes," I shrugged.

"I'm just glad you're taking steps to living here," he said.

"I actually wanted to ask you something," I started to bring up my job. "Remember when you had me start seeing some of your...employees who needed therapy or someone to talk to?"

Jason grinned, already knowing where this was going. "I've already started setting up a spare room for you to work," he revealed to my surprise.

"How did you know..."

"I know you...and I know you love your job. It should be ready in a couple days, you can look for things to buy for it if you want," he explained.

I smiled at him, already feeling better about living here and even excited. "Thank you...seriously I...it means a lot," I said.

Jason nodded. "I know," he was cut off by his phone ringing. He glanced down to check the caller ID, but then ignored it.

"Who was that?" I asked, knowing not many people had his number or would even call him.

He shook his head. "Nothing...no one. Let's just get back to dinner," he brushed it off. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, but decided to move on. "I wanted to tell you, I'm also working on a fence around the house, give more privacy and that way you can go outside without being worried about being spotted..." he started to explain before his phone cut him off. He ignored it once again, clearly frustrated.

"Jason, if you need to take the call..."

"No, it's fine," he interrupted. "Anyway, if there's something you'd want done with the yard..." his phone started ringing again.

"Just answer it," I encouraged.

Jason huffed, finally giving in and answering the call. He stood up and walked to another room, and I was only able to hear the start of the conversation. "What is so important that you keep calling..."

I sat there, just eating my food and although I wondered who he was talking to, I didn't think much of it until I heard Jason yell.

"How the hell did they know it was us?! And how did you let them get away!"

My eyes widened and I paused, concerned now. Had someone found us? Were we in trouble? Did we have to move? I grew anxious at the thought of being caught, and being taken back to the hospital. After a few minutes, Jason returned to the table.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

He looked at me and noticed my expression, making him sigh. "Nothing, just keep eating," he said.

"It didn't sound like nothing," I stated.

"Well, it was," Jason tried to avoid the topic.

I sat there a moment, biting my lip and trying to just move on, but found myself worried. "Does someone know where we are? Are we safe?" I continued my questioning.

He shook his head. "No one knows where we are, we're fine!"

"Then why..."

"It's just business stuff, okay? Nothing you need to worry about!" he raised his voice, revealing he was stressed. I sat there, having not meant to push him and feeling bad that I did. Jason noticed my reaction and sighed. "I'm sorry...it really is just something related to the gang and has nothing to do with you. You're completely safe," he apologized.

I sat there and then slowly nodded. "Okay...I just...I'm not use to being hidden or...part of a gang life..."

"I know, I know. But I'm trying my best to keep you separated from the gang life, and the less you know the better. If there's ever something that concerns you, then I'll tell you," he explained.

"Okay," I breathed, feeling a bit more relaxed now.

Jason hesitated before asking, "You trust me, right?"

I looked at him, realizing I had never really give much thought to my trust in Jason. But now that I am thinking about it, and my actions along with his, it was pretty obvious. "Of course I do," I answered simply.

He gave a small grin, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze before going back to dinner and his talk about the yard. I guess that's all I had to do at this point, trust Jason.