The Forest and an Explanation

‐----------------------------------------------------------------
(Y/n)'s pov

Much to my displeasure, I was woken up by someone singing about it being morning. As I opened my eyes I see the culprit was... Wait, I can't call her Carrot Top also. Damn, she beat me in a game she didn't even know she was playing.

As I look around the ballroom, I see most of the students were leaving to prepare for the day, so I decided to do the same.

*   *   *

As I walk down the locker room see the ninja suffering at the annoying orange? No, that's lame.

I walk up to where Ruby and Yang are standing.

(Y/n): "Hey Ruby."

Ruby: "Hey (Y/n)."

Yang: "No 'hey' for me?"

(Y/n): *Not looking at Yang* "Oh, I didn't think that you would see me."

Yang: "That was a joke. Besides, you tripped me in front of the entire ballroom. "

(Y/n): "You got off better than others."

Yang: "Already playing favorites? Didn't know you felt that way about me."

Glynda (intercom): Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately.

(Y/n): "Good luck Ruby."

I walk away

Ruby: "You too!"

*   *   *

As we line up on what I assumed were launch pads I could feel how nervous some students were as Ozpin started talking.

Ozpin: "For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Glynda: "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of 'teams.' Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today."

Ruby complained after hearing this.

Ozpin: "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well."

Ruby groaned some more.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Ruby: "What!"

I swear I heard her just world shattered. But isn't he contradicting himself? How can we team up with someone we work well with when we have to rely on the first person we meet.

As I look down the line I noticed an odd number of participants and only twelve of them had any sort of life force. Someone was being left behind and with my luck, it'll be me.

Then suddenly I was launched into the forest transmuted my (W/n) into a grappling hook as I shot it at a tree branch. As I was pulled towards the branch, I caught a glimpse of the temple we were meant to go to.

The moment I touched the ground a heard growling from all around me as I am surrounded by Beowolves alongside an Alpha.

(Y/n): "Just my luck."