Preparing for the Dance

Honestly, I believe that anyone can look good in a dress. But even more people can look amazing in a suit. From business suits to suits of armor. No one can change my mind about this.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------
(Y/n)'s pov

Weiss:
Ruby, which of these tablecloths do you like more?

Ruby:
Uhh... Aren't they both the same?

Weiss:
Uhg! Why did I even ask? (Y/n)?

(Y/n):
The darker one.

Weiss:
Thank you.

Yang comes into the ballroom and storms over to me.

Yang:
There you are! Are you hiding from me?

(Y/n):
I'll get back to you on that.

Yang:
C'mon (Y/n). Talk to me about this.

(Y/n):
Or I could avoid talking about it.

Yang:
(Yyyy/n)!

(Y/n):
Great talk. By the way, Weiss is setting up doilies.

Yang:
This isn't over. I thought we agreed on no doilies, Weiss!

Sun and Neptune come in talk about dressing up with the others and how Blake is still being unreasonable.

Yang:
Don't worry guys, she will be at the dance tomorrow. And you'll help, right (Y/n)?

(Y/n):
I didn't agree to this.

Yang:
Or we can talk about what you said.

(Y/n):
I'll help.

I hear Yang sigh. I feel somewhat bad but I couldn't bring myself to talk about it.

* * *

Yang drags Blake into the classroom.

Blake:
If you two are planning to tell me to stop then don't waste your breath.

Yang:
We aren't asking you to stop, we just want you to slow down.

Blake:
I don't have the luxury to slow down.

(Y/n):
You always have that luxury and it's usually a necessity.

Blake:
The necessity should be stopping Torchwick.

Yang:
And we will, but at least listen to us first.

Blake:
Fine.

Yang:
Ruby and I grew up in Patch, an island off the coast of Vale. Our parents were Huntsmen. Our dad taught at Signal, and our mom took on missions around the kingdom. Her name was Summer Rose, and she was, like... Super-Mom: Baker of cookies and slayer of giant monsters. And then... one day she left for a mission and never came back.

Despite my confusion on why I'm here, I do feel bad for Yang and Ruby. She sounded like a wonderful woman.

Yang:
It was tough. Ruby was really torn up, but... I think she was still too young to really get what was going on, y'know? And my dad just kind of... shut down. It wasn't long before I learned why. Summer wasn't the first love he lost; she was the second. The first... was my mom. He wouldn't tell me everything, but I learned that the two of them had been on a team together with Summer and Qrow, and that she'd left me with him right after I was born. No one had seen her since.