Chapter Sixteen - In Hell and Rejected [EDITED]

Começar do início

"And I already told you, I'm the King not a spawn of Satan " he says with a smirk.

"Whatever. Can I get to work now, your majesty" I mock him.

"You're quite strange, you know?" he says and I slightly tilt my head and look at him.

Me? I'm strange? He's the fucking strange one here.

"How so?" I ask.

"You're not scared of me. I tell you I'm the King of demons and you mock me, even after I show you my demon self. Why?" he asks, bringing his face close to mine. Way too close for my liking. Like jeez, ever heard of personal space buddy?

"That's what's bothering you? The fact that I'm not running off scared? Well let me tell you this your highness" I say with mock respect.

"I'm not scared of you. I might've been when I saw your demon the first time but not anymore. So get your ugly face out of my face and gimme some room to breathe" I say and push him back. He chuckles but moves back a bit.

"You should be scared little mate" he says in a voice that makes all the hair at the back of my neck stand.

"Well I'm not and what the fuck is a mate and why do you keep calling me that?" I ask.

He smirks and moves to sit on the couch.

"Are you familiar with soulmates" he asks and my eyes widen.

"W-what?" I stutter and a blush covers my cheeks.

Curse my cheeks for the ability to blush in the most serious situations, not that this is serious.

"I asked if you're familiar with soulmates. Though by your stutter and blush I'm sure you already do" he says with a smirk.

"OK so I know about them, so what? " I ask defensively.

"Good. Well you see Scarlett. You, are my soulmate. My other half. I don't know how or why I have one but I don't want one. You must also know that you belong to me, even if I don't want you, I don't plan on letting you go anytime soon. You're to stay with me until I figure out why I have a mate." he says.

I feel my heart drop and I swear if I were to be drinking something I would have spit it all out.

I get up and head straight to the door ignoring what he just said.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"Home. You clearly don't want me so I don't see why I should stay. I'm not staying with you when I'm not needed. I don't even know why I came back here in the first place." I say and continue to the door.

"Did you not hear what I just said? " he asks.

"Oh I heard you alright, every single word. But guess what, I don't give a fuck" I say and open the door to find nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I close it and open it again and see the same thing. I do this for a while and still see nothing. I turn to Xavier and see him smirking.

"What the fuck is going on. Where the hell did everything go?" I ask.

"We're in my Kingdom love. You passed through a portal when you stepped through the door" he says and my mouth falls open.

"We're in your kingdom?" I ask again, already feeling the panic attack start.

"That's what I just said " he says.

"And by your kingdom, you mean? " I ask.

"You're in hell. Once again you're taking this quite well. I would have thought _" he stops when he sees my face.

I'm in hell. This is just fan-fucking-tastic. Oh God I'm in hell. I can't breathe. My throat feels like its been blocked. I start clawing at it, trying to get whatever it is that is stuck there out.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

I ignore him and keep scratching my neck, trying to get oxygen back into my system.

Calm down Scar. Breathe. In and out. That's it, in and out, inner me says in my head.

I'm trying, I tell her.

I see Xavier roll his eyes and walk over to me. As soon as our skins touch, I feel the panic attack subside. He picks me up and I struggle in his arms, not wanting to be anywhere near him.

"Stop struggling dammit" he says and I stop for the fear that he might drop me if I don't.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"To your room, you need to rest" he says and I start struggling again.

"Let me go. I don't want to stay with you. Put me down." I say.

"Who said anything about staying with me? You're staying in the guest room" he says.

I sigh and stop. He opens the door to the room I'll be staying in and and I start struggling all over again.

"What the fuck Xavier? Have you lost your goddamned mind? Why the hell did you bring me to this room after what happened the last time I was in here?" I say.

The idiot brought me to the room with the mirror inside.

"Calm down you little brat" he yells at me and I shrink back in fear.

I look at him, surprised by his outburst and the term he used to describe me.

"Look, I brought you here because this is the only safe room a mortal can be in and because I don't want you anywhere near my room" he says and my face turns neutral.

He turns and walks out of the room and I'm left alone with my thoughts and the mirror which tried to kill me. I climb into the bed and close my eyes and let sleep take over.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A few hours later, I'm awoken by the sounds of moans and something that sounds like a bed repeatedly hitting the wall.

I listen closely and realize that the moans belong to Xavier and someone else. Tears come to my eyes and I let them fall. I realize the reason he didn't want me in his room was because he has other other people to screw. My heart squeezes realizing I'd been rejected by the one person that was supposed to love me wholeheartedly.

I wipe my tears and decide that this is the last time I'm ever going to cry over him.

There's no way in hell I'm staying here tonight.

With that thought in mind, I get out of bed and silently make my way to the entrance.

I stop and look to where the sounds are coming from once more before I open the door and slip into the dark abyss that awaits.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys, another chapter. Let me know what you think. Oh and don't forget to vote and comment.

XOXO

Rahina.