☼︎ 𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚 ☼︎

followed the rules: 0/5
- do they have this book in a public reading list?
- are they following you?
- are they following the hosts and this account?
( if not, give them at least 24 hour to follow through, or just deduct 5 points if they refuse to abide by the rules )

book cover: 0/5
- does it have anything to do with the storyline at all?
- is it neat? is the font easy to read? is the title visible?
- if it's just a solid colour or random photo with no title and relation, do not award the points for cover.

title: 0/10
- is it too basic?
- is it sharp and intriguing?
- does it make you want to click on the story?

description: 0/10
- does it make you feel like you want to proceed reading?
- is it too vague? or does it tell the whole story line too much? or is the mystery and storytelling just right?

grammar: 0/10
- are there too many typos? can they write with proper grammar? are they writing in consistent tenses? (eg. if the author changes tenses every paragraphs from present to past tense, then they are being inconsistent and you should deduce some points)
- your vs. you're, we're vs. were differentiation etc.

plot: 0/10
- after you've read at least 5 chapters, is the plot overused or cliché? or is it something different and intriguing? or is it different in a bad way perhaps? (justify your score though).
- for ONE-SHOTS : are their plots unique? are the scenarios cliché? are the pacing too quick or too slow?

spelling: 0/10
- are there any obvious spelling errors?
- are there too much errors?
- can they spell larger words properly? are their mistakes consistent because if it's not, it might just be because of typos.
- BEWARE: American vs. British & Australian English are different. We spell realize like 'realise' or recognize like 'recognise', don't wrongfully deduce points if this is the case.

paragraphs: 0/10
- are they way too short? are they balanced?
- can one chapter only consist of dialogue tags and not enough action tags? ( o.O seriously this is ryland's biggest pet peeve lmao ppl just having dialogues every paragraphs like they're not doing anything else but talking through ONE chapter )
- or are the paragraphs WAYYY to excessive and there's too much information being dumped all at once?

punctuation: 0/10
- are they using their commas, apostrophes and dot points properly?
- do their sentences flow nicely due to the proper use of punctuation?
- can they form a proper dialogue tag without bunching everything together and making it look like a huge messy convo tags?

vocabulary: 0/10
- have the author carefully chosen their vocabulary?
- determine whether the book is written in a professional or playful manner and depending on the story's style, have the author chosen the appropriate vocabulary to enhance their plots?
- note that "big" words doesn't always mean "best" as sometimes stories would be too hard to understand when authors uses vocabulary that are too broad and it makes readers lose interest in it so quick.

interest: 0/10
- would you keep reading as a judge after reading your required 5 chapters? why?

overall:
justify your scores and give your brief opinion on the book.

⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀

EXAMPLE OF A FINISHED JUDGING BY A JUDGE:

1. book title: tug of war
participant: POLYSEMIC
category: idol x reader

rules followed: 5/5
book cover : 5/5
title: 10/10
description: 8/10
grammar: 8/10
plot: 9/10
spelling: 7/10
paragraphs: 10/10
punctuation: 9/10
vocabulary: 8/10
interest: 9/10
overall: there are some typos and spelling errors in the book which can be easily fixed during editing later by the author but the flow of the book is perfect and it's easy to read and the plot is easy to follow. i love how it sounds cliché at first but as I continue reading, it's definitely something different! i can relate to the characters very well and it's written very realistically. will definitely recommend this to others ♡

TOTAL SCORE: 88/100

TOTAL SCORE: 88/100

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.