year four: gone

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO 

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO 

❛This is all a dream.❜ 

As Hope Lupin-Black ran, she could feel her heart splitting into two

As Hope Lupin-Black ran, she could feel her heart splitting into two. The face of Milo Bishop reappearing in her head. And the only person she could blame was herself. It was her own fault that her best friend was dead.

"It won't be you who's affected, Hope. It'll be Cedric. Don't be selfish here."

Punch after punch was thrown into the brick wall of the corridor, and Hope's body began to shake as it went into a state of panic and shock. It all began to hit her once more. Cedric Diggory was gone, and he could never be brought back.

"I think you might just be my best friend, Hope. No one has understood this like you."

"Same for you, Cedric."

"Make it stop, please make it stop." she said to herself, holding her hands to the sides of her head.

The words of Cedric Diggory began to replay in her head, every word he had ever said to her, every promise they had ever made, all of the dreams they shared. It all began to play over in the head of Hope Lupin-Black.

"Ced, we're in this together, aren't we? Forever?"

"Forever."

"Shut up!" exclaimed Hope Lupin-Black, throwing herself against the brick wall. "Just fucking shut up already!"

"We can ditch the world and run away to Romania together."

"It's all my fault." she whispered to herself, beginning to cough from the amount of crying she had done. "He's dead and it's all my fault."

Before Hope could throw another punch into the wall, Sirius Black had taken his daughter into his arms, Neville Longbottom standing behind them. Hope just began to sob into her father's chest.

"Hope James," he said quietly, holding her tight. "I need you to calm down, none of this is your fault."

Ron Weasley, Seamus Finnegan, Dean Thomas, and Remus Lupin arrived shortly behind the two. And the sight made the heart of all to drop, no one had ever seen Hope Lupin-Black cry that hard.