year two: tom marvolo riddle

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

❛You're Voldemort!❜

Harry Potter and Hope Lupin stood before the memory of Tom Riddle

Harry Potter and Hope Lupin stood before the memory of Tom Riddle. The Potter boy couldn't help but be confused, while Hope was just processing all of the information.

"What questions do you have?" asked Harry, staring into Tom's blue eyes.

"Well, how is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent managed to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you escape with nothing but a scar? While Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed." Tom paused before letting out a cruel laugh. "How is it that the prophecy of the four students hasn't come true yet?"

Hope furrowed her eyebrows. "Why do you care? Voldemort was after your time, right?"

Laughter erupted from Tom Riddle. "Voldemort is my past, present, and future."

As the teenage boy pulled Harry's wand from his pocket he spelled the name 'Tom Marvolo Riddle'. And at once, he rearranged it to spell out 'I am Lord Voldemort'.

"You, you're the heir of Slytherin--" Harry was cut off by an angry girl.

"You're Voldemort!"

"Surely you didn't think I would keep my filthy muggle father's name?" the brown-haired boy paused. "No, I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak. When I became the greatest sorcerer--"

Hope let out a laugh, as she did in times of fear. "You? You? You were defeated then, and will be defeated again."

"Silly girl, your prophecy means nothing."

Harry ignored his phrase and yelled out. "Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

"Dumbledore's been driven out of the castle by the mere memory of me."

The young boy stood tall. "He'll never be gone, not as long as people remain loyal to him."

An eerie sound echoed through the vast Chamber. As Fawkes, Dumble's Phoenix, flew in with a bundle of brown fabric held in his claws. Once the magical bird dropped it down at Harry's feet, it revealed to be the Sorting Hat.