year three: they suck the emotion

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

❛What could be more safe than Hogwarts?❜

Hope Lupin stood over her trunk, putting the last few items she would need into it

Hope Lupin stood over her trunk, putting the last few items she would need into it. From extra Sugar Quills to a couple packs of cigarettes. It wasn't but five minutes before they had to leave when Alfie strolled in, without even knocking on her door.

"Haven't you heard of knocking?"

"I was bored. Sue me." said Alfie, taking a bite of a chocolate chip muffin.

Hope rolled her eyes and laughed, then her expression turned dead serious. "Alfie, aren't you scared?"

His blond eyebrows furrowed. "About what?"

"Dad." she replied. "What if he finds us? What if he hurts us?"

Alfie looked to his sister and gave her a comforting smile. "Hope, you can't be serious--"

"I am serious, Alfie. What if he tries to murder us? What if he hurts you? What if--"

"He won't. Hogwarts is safe."

Hope sighed. "You don't know that. Nothing is safe anymore. Voldemort came back twice, and a Basilisk almost killed Ginny. What could be more safe than Hogwarts?"

The door to Hope's bedroom opened to reveal Remus, who was smiling with his own suitcase packed.

"Are you two ready to go?" questioned Remus. "We don't want to be late."

"Yes, I'm ready."

With those final words, Hope walked out of her bedroom, leaving a confused Remus and Alfie who continued to eat his muffin.

Remus looked from the doorway to Alfie. "What's wrong with your sister?"

"She's worried about Dad." explained Alfie, a sad look etched on his face. "She thinks he's going to kill us."

"Dad wouldn't do that, he loves you two to pieces. He wouldn't kill you." Remus tried to negotiate with his son.

Alfie just rolled his green eyes. "Papa, he killed Uncle Peter."