stay.

22.

I've never been the best at letting go

I don't wanna spend the night alone

Guess I need you, and I need to

Make it on my own, but I don't wanna grow up

We can stay forever young

Living on my sofa, drinking rum and cola

Underneath the rising sun

I could give a million reasons why

But you're going, and you know that

All you have to do is stay, a minute

--

Too many people.

Way too man people for Eddy's liking.

Fancy clothes, and fancy drinks. Women right on top men and men right on top of women. His parents disappeared with a few older people. There were young people too, teenagers about 15 or 17, maybe. Mary was close by, holding Eddy's hand, scared to be lost in the huge swarm of people.

There was no place to sit. That was the worst. You either keep on standing looking like a fool, or you dance; still looking like fool. Eddy and Mary both chose the first option. They scooted over to the drink's table and just stood there awkwardly, looking at people dancing. They ordered a few drinks for themselves and stood there just sipping it ever so slowly. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"Eddy, how long! Oh my! How tall you've become!" Someone, shouted in his ear. It was a woma- no. Not just any one. It was his goddamn sister acting like an aunt. "Hey Mary! Lovely dress, and thanks for teaching this trash can how to dress properly. It took me ages." Eddy scoffed, but smiled nonetheless. His sister was lovely. "So how are you?" Mary asked, "Very good, until an actual aunty comes by to go 'oh look how big you are. You were this small when I last saw you.'" Belle rolled her eyes dramatically, and ordered a drink for herself. "How's the job?" Oh yeah, Belle was a manager at a company. "Going well, how are you? Heard you topped." Eddy smiled, "Got one percent more than you did." Belle glared playfully and then pointed at Mary, "Heard you were on the toppers list too. True?" Mary nodded. "Woah, you got your hands on a nice girl. And look at me, single as hell." Belle smiled sweetly at Mary. She really liked her. She was sweet and always nice to Eddy.

Belle liked dancing. Not so much but a few moves here and there were okay for her. She disappeared into the crowd to find someone decent to dance with. And Mary and Eddy were once again left alone. Everything was going good until Eddy's stomach cramped. The people were increasing. And Eddy was getting more cramps. He did not know why. Was it the people? Or was it the drinks? Was it the different types of smell? Eddy didn't feel good, and excused himself. Mary found a chair to sit on while Eddy went out to get some fresh air.

The stars outside were pretty. The sky was beautiful as always. Not much clouds were there and the moon and celestial bodies were shining and twinkling with all their might. Eddy sat on a bench nearby. They were at a house. They didn't know whose. And the house was massive. The ground floor was all full with people, partying. Apparently they would have a calmer time too, after 8. When the real re-union would happen. Uncle and aunts whom people never really knew existed would suddenly show up and greet you with a big, sweaty hug. That was scary for Eddy.

Eddy liked that it was windy outside. The cold wind was blowing in his hair and his sweat was slowly evaporating. Eddy went in after twenty minutes. Not knowing it was 8:14 PM. The people were sitting now. How did so many chairs pop up out of nowhere? A woman was standing in the middle holding a microphone. "Umm, so we have a really special guest amongst us. And we would love to force him, " Everyone started laughing. What was the joke? Why was there a sudden gap in the middle? It that supposed to be a stage? "Yeah, we would love to force him to play us a little something on his violin." Who was this guy? Why a violin? A man stood up, his back was visible to Eddy. This man was laughing softly. The laugh...