without you.

9.

You and I,

We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky

With you,

I'm alive

Like all the missing pieces of my heart,

They finally collide

So stop time right here in the moonlight,

'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you, I feel broke

Like I'm half of a whole

Without you, I've got no hands to hold

Without you, I feel torn

Like a sail in a storm

Without you, I'm just a sad song

I'm just a sad song

You're the perfect melody,

The only harmony, that I wanna hear

You're my favourite part of my

With you standing next to me,

I've got nothing to fear

Without you, I feel broke

Like I'm half of a whole

Without you, I've got no hands to hold

Without you, I feel torn

Like a sail in a storm

Without you, I'm just a sad song

I'm just a sad song

-

Eddy reached home but everything felt empty. Everything felt like it was black and white. It felt like the whole world lost its meaning. Eddy sloppily sat down on his bed and took out his phone. A couple of texts and mostly Instagram notifications flooded his screen. Eddy felt too bad right now. He could hear Belle coming to his room but his body refused to respond. "Mom is calling for dinner." She said before dropping her head, realising Eddy was not in the mood to neither eat nor talk. Without any thing further she turned around and began leaving. But she suddenly stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around, "Eddy its going to be just fine." And left. Eddy raised his head, his brain was on silent mode and every word that came out of Belle's mouth seemed distant and echoey. Eddy didn't feel like his best friend just left for a different continent, he felt like he just lost his best friend, like Brett just died. Surely that wasn't the case. He shook his head at the absurdity of his own thoughts. 'It's going to be fine, Eddy. Just the matter of time.' Brett in his mind reminded him.

Without another word Eddy fell asleep. Too exhausted mentally and physically.

"What will you do by becoming musician?"
"Mom I can explain."
"Don't."

"Look at them, they're already doctors. They're helping people."
"Dad?"
"Why you want to become musician?"

"You can't be a violinist."
"Mom!"
"Eddy become a doctor!"
"Mo-"

"No you're not good enough."
"I'll practice for you."

"You have to make the family proud."
"Dad? Is playing for thousands of people not enough?"
"Save lives instead."

"No one will remember you if you play extraordinarily once. Atleast someone will be forever thankful that you saved their life."
"That's not-"

"Eddy won't take up music."
"MOM!"

"We won't pay for you then."
"Mom? Dad?!"

"Brett has passed for Juilliard."
"Good for him. You'll become doctor though. Send him my wishes."
"I can not believe you."

'Good night Eddy.' A text popped up on Eddy's lock screen while his mind was replaying his past horrors. 'I'll call later.' Brett texted him as his flight took off.
'I already miss you.'

The next morning too seemed colourless to Eddy. He woke up to Brett's texts. He glanced at the watch. Brett still had a couple of hours remaining before he lands and that gave Eddy sometime to freshen up. He went down to the kitchen and saw a plate of sandwiches with a note 'mom and dad are out. Have some food.' He smiled weakly and took them to his room. While eating his phone starting ringing, without looking he knew who it was. "Hello!" Brett's raspy yet energetic voice rang through the speaker. "Hey Brett." Eddy spoke up. They were his first words of the day and no matter they sounded a little bit grumpy. "Did I wake you up bro?" Brett asked a little concerned. "Nah." Eddy replied. They spoke for sometime before Brett hung up as he had to get his luggage and get a cab. Eddy sighed as he heard his phone beep a short A signalling that the call has been declined.

Eddy sat on his bed all alone. His head was ringing at a C sharp and his ears were burning up. Eddy felt useless. Eddy sat there spending his Saturday afternoon gazing at a wall with a mind full of self-deprecating thoughts. Brett's classes would start in a week meaning he would get even less time to talk. Brett would be living his dream while Eddy would be getting engulfed by loneliness.

Just when did Eddy's life take the wrong turn?