don't let me down.

5.

I need you, I need you, I need you right now

Yeah, I need you right now

So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down

I think I'm losing my mind now

It's in my head, darling I hope

That you'll be here, when I need you the most

So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down

Don't let me down

--

Eddy now wakes up way more early than he normally did. Not because he needed to practice his violin more to prove- he didn't want to explain the whole situation again, no, but that was the excuse he gave to his sister. Instead it was because of the newly increased amount of nightmares which he was having. The proof of it was visible, in the form of dark, heavy bags underneath his eyes.

Ofcourse, bloody Brett would notice the change in a second. As soon as he set foot in school's cafeteria Brett's eyes changed the emotion in them. It went from lively to concerned, "Eddy, what's wrong?" Eddy froze in his tracks for a bit, before replying "Too tired bro." Eddy was clever enough not to say 'nothing.' "Have you been having good sleep? It looks like you could do with some nice sleep." "Actually, no. Been practicing, will get better sleep next week though." Brett sighed and said, "Take care of yourself, okay?" Eddy just nodded and Brett didn't push the topic further. though it was very weird to him, why would he need to hike his practice time so much for a week and then be normal in the next one? He shrugged it off, he had a couple other things to plan.

The next week Eddy fell sick. He continuously threw up whatever he ate. Started hyperventilating at random times and slept even lesser. The bags underneath his eyes were deeper now. Brett's calls had reduced a bit but it didn't matter since he texted him as much anyways. By the time he felt a little bit better two days had already passed by. Eddy actually felt a lot better now. He was sitting with his mother and sister when suddenly his phone started ringing. The tone was specifically set for one person in the whole entire world. The single person he did not  want to meet, right now.

Brett Yang.

The phone rang and Eddy did not pick up. It rang again. This time too Eddy didn't pick up. It stopped. Few hours passed by, and Eddy was too tired to call back. He droopily went back to his bedroom and plopped down on the bed. The phone fell out of his pocket and hit the carpeted ground with a soft thud. The little sound reminded him of the phone call. He had put his phone on silent for quite sometime now and his phone was never on vibrate mode. He wouldn't know if anyone else had tried contacting him, not that anyone would care to. He picked it up clumsily and turned it on. Ofcourse Brett had tried calling him again, there were 12 missed calls and 23+ messages all from Mr. Yang alone. Eddy needed someone to talk to, especially right now. But he knew it couldn't be Brett, but who else did he have? Basically no one. 'Well that is shameful.' a nosy voice in his head spoke up, 'Shut up and talk to him, he will help you.' the gentle voice told him, the one which was always right. It took Eddy years to realize who's voice that was, and he did so today.

It was Brett Yang, himself.

So he did. He called Brett hoping he would just listen to whatever he had to say. And still accept him. The call maybe didn't even ring once properly before Brett picked up, "Bro! Can't talk right now! Meet me at 9 tomorrow in the park! Have something amazing to say. Really hope you're well now. So sorry, can't talk. Bye!" Brett shouted on the top of his lungs and hung up. There was a lot of noise at the back. It did not seem like a bar-type noise, yes it was noise; you can't call that music, but he soon realized what it was. Brett had guests over, most probably relatives because he has heard this noise of the crowd at Brett's family gatherings before. He just sighed and accepted the fact that he had to bottle up his thoughts until 9 AM. He went underneath his covers. The nightmares didn't come that night.

Because Eddy never fell asleep; 2 months remaining.