••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••

I stood in my place, outside the hospital; leaning against my car, while keeping a lookout for her. My gaze fixated towards the exit gate from which she was supposed to emerge. I knew about her off timings but, just in case, I had arrived half an hour earlier. Although, by now, an hour had already passed. Every time someone came out, I would find my eyes perking up, unintentionally; expecting her to appear before me. Yet, would only be rewarded with disappointment.

Even still, I had continued to patiently stand my guard. A surge of excitement bubbling within me, just at the thought of capturing her reaction, when she discovered my surprise.

Just then, I finally caught sight of her, whose face was turned away from me. She remained engrossed in some discussion with her friend, whilst making way towards the parking lot. I had to bite down on my lips to stop myself from smiling at her sight, awaiting her to notice me.

'Any minute now—'

I kept thinking, until she casually threw a glance in my direction and turned away as abruptly; only to freeze in her tracks a moment later. I stifled a smile at watching the shock brimming in her eyes, when she slowly returned her gaze to meet mine. I caught her sucking in a sharp breath at my sight and it hardly took a moment for her face to erupt into a beautiful smile.

However, what I didn't see coming was her running towards me, in her state. Immediately my face had scrunched into a look of horror, as I scolded her to stop running, whilst dashing towards her.

"God Zai! Can you please consider your state, for a moment?!" I remarked anxiously, while holding her at an arm length; making sure that she was alright. However, Zaira seemed to be completely oblivious to my worries, as she continued to gawk me through a breathtaking smile, between gasping for breaths.

"You are here!" She cried out finally and in the next moment, she had crashed against my chest. Her arms thrown around my neck, in delight. I froze in her sweet embrace for only a moment, before my arms found her frail waist. My face buried in the softness of her neck, as I inhaled in her sweet scent.

"I missed you, sweetheart—" I gasped out, near her ears. My grip around her tightening, when I pulled her closer to myself even more, if that was even possible.

"How—How did you—I thought you weren't supposed to be back before tomorrow!" She cried out suddenly, before pulling away from me. I peered down at her face, smiling softly and brushed away the stray strands falling on her face, before gently tugging them behind her ear.

"I wanted to surprise you—" I murmured against her lips, before pressing a soft kiss against them.

"And I love you." She breathed against my mouth, with a gorgeous smile, making me go in for another kiss.

"And how's my little Zeyni? Did you take proper care of your Mama, while I was away?" I questioned my little princess, while pressing a hand against Zaira's belly.

We were nearing the end of our 7th month of pregnancy. And Zaira was adamant to not stay home, doing nothing. So, I had no other choice but to relent. Only under the condition that, she would stop going to work, before her last month and if during all that time, her health deteriorated even once, then we would to put a halt to it, without any room for further negotiations.

"She missed you very much—She only ever kicked when you called." Zaira added, dropping one final peck against my cheek, before linking her arms with mine, as I led her towards the car.

"That's my little princess." I commended my daughter, while patting her Mother's tummy once again and earned yet another, kick for Zaira.

——————————————