|22|

the major of the south 

|22|

HE STALKED CLOSER TO HER. Jasper tried to keep a form of control over his actions... the animal in him would ravish her if he didn't.

His control was weak, though. The mating bond rattled at his body to let the control loose. His primal instincts had taken over the wheel. Fuck. The Major had both his hands on the wheel and Jasper felt chained to the passenger seat.

"Jazzy..." God dammit, her voice was like fucking honey to his ears. Blood had started to drip down her chin, and he wanted to lick it all off. He could hear the artificial heartbeat and he could see the stilled blood in her veins – ready to give her human capabilities. Dear Lord, he wanted the blood. He wanted it all. Lilian, the blood, the sex... fucking all of it.

"Jazz, can you hear me?" Why the hell did she sound so scared? She had to know this would happen one way or another.

His vision had zoomed in on her pulse, on her delicious neck. Every nerve in his body came alive at the thought of kissing that neck. Fucking hell... He had to stop. The Major had to stop.

"Jasper, please, listen to me. This is not you." She was closer now. Too close, if you'd ask him. Close enough to push up against the wall. "Please, don't make me do more things I'll regret..." What the hell could she do? He wanted her and she was going to want him in the same way.

"Shut up," he growled, stalking closer. Lilian backed up against the wall and glared at him with wide eyes.

Her chest heaved with fear... he could feel it. "Jasper, please, don't make me do something I'll regret."

Jasper tried to reach the wheel, tried to give her some sort of indication that this wasn't what he wanted. This wasn't how he wanted it to go. He had to get to that wheel.

He pushed her up against the wall in one movement. His lips on her collarbone immediately, seeking a spot that would give him both pleasure and blood.

He would fucking destroy that wheel. He had to take over. "Stop this now," Jasper roared toward his animal. But the animal just grinned.

Her hands went to his hair, to his jaw. "Jasper, please don't..." she mumbled, "I don't want to do this... not to you." But he wasn't Jasper. Not her Jasper. Not the soft ball of wool she'd come to know. No, he was Jasper Whitlock, Major of the South. And he would take whatever he wanted.

Then his mate started to pour warmth into his head... the heat so all-consuming there were no thoughts left. His muscles went slack and became aware of his mate's weight on his body.

Slowly, but surely, the Major of the South collapsed for the very first time.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Collin screeched through the Martini household. "You left her alone with the most dangerous warrior the world of vampires has ever known... and you are completely comfortable with the idea that they will most likely have non-consensual sex?!" Rage pumped through his veins and he swore he felt claws forming at his hands. He'd rip them all apart.

No matter what, Lilian would always be his sister. His twin sister. Human, vampire, unicorn, she was his fucking sister. And these complete pieces of horseshit had just left her in a dark alley after saving her life – with the Major of the fucking South!

Alice tried to put a hand on his shoulder, but he shook it off with an angry glare. "Collin... please try not to..."

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TELLING ME NOT TO FREAK OUT RIGHT NOW? Jasper's alter fucking ego is feeling up my sister – who's been poisoned not even two hours ago. Are you telling me that's okay?" He'd rip the entire world apart if they said 'yes' right now.

At his second outburst, Emmett said, "Well, if you were to put it that way... I do indeed question the intelligence level of the both of you right now, Alice. He has all the right to be angry." If he weren't ready to break a wall, Collin would try to thank him.

"Emmett," said Peter, "Lilian told us to go. We only agreed because she assured us everything would be fine. I mean, it's Lilian we're talking about. She probably already figured out what to do."

Oh, the nerve of him. "You can't always assume she's the smartest person in the room, Peter! She's makes just as many mistakes as any of us and yes, miscalculations included! Don't you dare to tell me that you left a cocky, slightly dysfunctional newborn vampire alone with a century-old warrior who currently has only two fucking things on his mind: blood and sex." Peter opened his mouth... then closed it. Next to him, Giacomo hummed humorlessly.

"Cat got your tongue, Pete? Or did you finally realize you were a stupid little shit?" he growled at the silver blond. Giacomo then looked at Collin. "Although I understand your worries, keep in mind that Lilian is a newborn who just drained a human. She's stronger than Jasper right now, and she is bloody smart."

Look, that helped. Someone who understood his anger towards the rest of them, but would tell him that there was a chance everything would be fine. But didn't press on that. With a final glare toward Alice and Peter, Collin left the room and went up to Lilian's bedroom in the villa.

"It's worthless without you anyway."

His memories brought up the last time he had been this worried about his sister. About the one person who would accept him without hesitation and would always let him in. Sure, he loved Alice... but her gifts of the future could be so damning annoying. With all those decades spent when the Cullens relied on her visions, she'd become assured that they were always right. And the contrary had been proven many times.

Lilian was just... his infinite home base. He could come to her with everything and she'd always be there for him. Collin just thought she'd feel the same way with him.

That thought shattered as he entered her room.

There were no traces of him or of the Lilian he knew in this room. Most of the decorations were colorful and bright. Nothing like the room she had in the Harper-estate. Honestly, Collin felt left out.

It seemed as if he missed a large part in his sister's life by not seeing her regularly. What had gone wrong? Before their Senior year, they had been so close. Thick as thieves. She'd shared everything with him... and he with her.

Collin sat down on the bed, thinking of everything that had happened since – they'd both grown up a lot, that was sure.

Sighing, he fell back onto the bed and just stared at the ceiling. He was tired. Tired of the constant fighting amongst the group... tired of all the surprises that kept coming his way. He wanted things to get back to fucking normal.

Jesus he missed normal. Really did.

With that thought, he drifted off to sleep.

_______

Well, there we are again. Excuse my lateness -- once again. I promise that the last few chapters will be up quicker. I, too, want to get this story done... but then again, who doesn't like a cliffhanger so every now and then?

Let me know what you think! 

xx