|04|

the departure

the departure

|04|

TO SAY THAT THE AIRPORT OF FAIRBANKS WAS CROWDED, WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. Maneuvering herself through the hordes of humans, she had also a hard time on not attacking any of them.

Even though she had hunted the days before, Willow tensed every muscle in her body in attempt for control. The many pumping hearts around her, were like an invite;  Bite, little Willow, bite.

I will not bite anyone, was a mantra for her, one that she appreciated and repeated.

Willow Holland was fairly short for her age, though her face and physique weren't exactly nearing her frozen age as well. Being changed at the lovely age of 18, she was often confused with a sixteen-year-old girl. Willow could remember the day of her transition vividly.

The Civil War had brought great destruction to the village, and Willow had helped in the last weeks of her life, healing the wounded. She herself had lost two brothers in the war, fighting for the Confederate Army... God, one of them never made the battlefield.

Willow couldn't cope with the loss of her brothers as well as the rest of her family. Sure, her mother and father were devastated, and her remaining brother now had the weight of his family's honor on his shoulders... but Lu and Jazz had been her bigger brothers, as Henry wasn't home for most of her childhood.

Her remaining brother had never bothered in participating in family activities or helping at home with the farm. And even though her family deeply mourned the loss of her brother Luther, the youngest son of the Whitlock-family was seen as a deserter, who probably died of fear, leaving before the real battle had even started.

Willow had never believed any of that. Jasper was a fighter. He would never leave his post, especially not the one that had been given him, for her brother had dreamed of a high rank in the army since he was merely six years old.

It was the 8th  of December 1864, when Willow found herself dying of fever... and whilst she was trying to tell her parents that she'd be alright, scold her brother to take great care of her parents, someone had suddenly knocked on their front door.

Logan Martini had saved her life that day, and even turned out to be her mate. Even when Willow knew she could never see her family again, she had never been happier than she had been from that day.

As the short, blonde vampire was lost in her thoughts, she stumbled through the crowd on the airport... not noticing the ginger-haired girl that seemed too focused at her phone to notice her either. Willow hadn't even looked at the redhead until it was too late. They bumped into each other, their passports and bags getting all mixed up.