|12|

the unbreakable bond between brother and sister

|12|

JASPER DIDN'T KNOW WHY, but his brother seemed obsessed with something other than Bella Swan. The bronze haired vampire was looking around cautiously, from time to time, and refused to inform him or his family what it was about...

Maybe he had heard some rumors about the situation in Seattle and was keeping a close attention to things? Or perhaps it was just Edward's complicated personality.

By this time, Emmett and he had searched for the army in Seattle already, but those newborns were led by something smarter than one of their own. Aside from that, they had a lot of numbers, over the fifty-five newborns. This army was created for total destruction, and Jasper could only pray that the army wasn't meant for them.

"So, my brother is in town?" Willow stated annoyed, dumping the groceries on the table in the garden, where Lilian was writing down her homework. The young vampire was currently in her own vampire form, except for her blond hair – which was a butterscotch brown.

"Yes, I know that already, Willow," Lilian retorted, smirking at the person she had started to consider a sister, "but thank you for the information."

"Have you even thought of telling me this?" exclaimed Willow, her golden eyes piercing into Lilian's own. The brunette bit down on her lip, looking up at the youngest Whitlock innocently.

"Oops, forgot about that." She shrugged nonchalantly, returning to her homework without any other look at the honey blonde.

"My brother is in town, and you simply forgot to tell me?"

Lilian slammed her school books shut, now annoyed with the vampire. "Yes, yes, I forgot to tell you, because I – I try to forget about him too..." she cried out, her features softening, "I try to forget about everyone I left behind when I fled this goddamn town, and now I am back, for fuck's sake."

The brunette's shoulders sagged, and deep breaths escaped her lips. Lilian tried to calm herself down but failed to do so big time. A small, soft hand on her shoulder helped her a bit, and Lilian instantly calmed down as soon as she looked into Willow's eyes.

"Calm down, little flower," the southern blonde said soothingly, and Lilian could feel Willow's power of compulsion working its way through her mind. Her body relaxed without permission, and the brunette shot her friend a thankful look.

Willow merely gave a look that said 'obviously' in return, before gazing to the garden absentmindedly instead. Lilian could just feel that the honey blonde was brewing on an idea, and she reckoned that she herself wasn't going to like the outcome of it one little bit.

He surveyed the parking lot carefully, looking for the redhead he had to talk to, even if it meant he'd miss his first period. Not that Biology bothered him much, he could miss that subject.