Seventeen: Did I shutter? Haha camera puns are not funny

(y/n) held her new Polaroid camera her mom had given her. When (y/n) asked why she was gifted a new camera out of nowhere her mom told her it was for expressing herself through art. She shrugged it off as her mom trying to look out for her in her own way. (y/n) appreciated her mom's concern, but she felt like she was doing fine (even though she's obviously not).
(y/n) looked in her bathroom mirror, silently staring at the scars that covered her face. She traced the bigger and more noticeable scars with her finger. She let her hand fall from her face and held onto the sink. (y/n) leaned forward to get a better look at the smaller and lighter scars. She stood up normal again and walked out of the bathroom, turning off the lights behind her.
(y/n) set her camera down on her desk and walked towards the collage of photos she had taken. Her mom suggested taking pictures of the things that she loved and/or care about to put on the wall, so she did. She had taken pictures of her moms, random stray cats she found outside, and all of her friends. Well, almost all. She hadn't taken any pictures of Sal or Travis yet. Which basically means she only had a picture of Larry and his mom, Lisa, on her wall. She had a good reason for not having any pictures of Travis, she hadn't seen him at school yet since she has been staying at home while her cuts healed. Don't worry though, her cuts are now scars so she'll be returning to school on Monday.
As for the reason she has no pictures of Sal, she just hasn't gotten around to going to his apartment yet. Speaking of taking pictures of Sal, she should go do that right now. And maybe she can take a picture of Gizmo too.
(y/n) stopped blankly staring at the pictures taped to her wall like an idiot and made her way out of her apartment and to Sal's, but not before grabbing her camera.
(y/n) knocked on Sal's door, a blue haired man aka Sal's father opened the door and smiled down at her.
"I-I'm uh, here t-to see Sal."
He nodded and let her in.
"He's in his room."
(y/n) nodded and made her way to Sal's room. When she got to his door she was unsure if she should knock or just enter. As she stood there thinking of what to do anxiety clawed at her, and the feeling of Mr. Fisher's eyes staring at the back of her head didn't help.
"You can just go in, he won't mind."
(y/n) flinched at the unexpected noise of someone's voice, if that makes sense idk what I'm doing, and hesitantly opened the door and walked in.
When she entered the dark room she could see Sal sleeping in his bed. (y/n) was tempted to wake him up by taking a picture of him, but decided that it would be weird and creepy so she didn't. So insted she walked over to his bed and gently shook his shoulder.
"S-Sal?"
She saw him wake up and slowly sit up, she could barely see his face in the darkness of his room.
"(y/n)?"
He rubbed his eye, and when he did he realized that his mask wasn't on his face. Sal quickly covered his face with his arms and turned around. (y/n) watched as he picked up something sphere-shaped, (y/n) assumed it was a glass eye since he seemed to put it in his face. Then he put his mask on and turned back around.
"D-did you see?" He nervously asked.
(y/n) shook her head, only partly lying.
"N-no.
Sal seemed to sigh in refleif before walking over to his light switch and turnning on the lights.
"Why did you come over? Not that I don't like it when you visit."
(y/n) looked down out of nervousness and fidgeted with her camera.
"U-um well, I-I was uh, I was wondering i-if I could take a uh, a p-picture of you. I-I'm taking pictures o-of people and th-things that I c-care about to hand u-up on my wall."
Sal nodded and walked over to her.
"How about we take a picture together?"
He held his hand out.
(y/n) slightly blushed and haded Sal her camera.
"O-okay."
Sal put an arm around (y/n)'s shoulder, making her lean against him. (y/n) felt her anxiety kick in at the feeling of being pressed against another person. Sal lifted the camera up and pressed down on the button. A bright flash went off and the picture slowly came out of the camera. Sal handed the camera back to (y/n) and she took the photo out.
"Th-thanks, Sal!"
"No problem!"
(y/n) smiled at him.
"C-can I take a picture of your cat too?"