Chapter 17

The next morning, Armaan left for his project work. He never forgot to place the three kisses – two kisses on my cheeks and one on the forehead. At the beginning of our relationship, he used to place those kisses virtually over the phone at sharp 7 am, making me acquainted with a new habit.  Then with the ravages of time, busy schedule directed to skip those 7 am calls, snatching away my new habit. After starting to stay with him, the virtual three kisses had transformed into a real one, imposing a new habit on me. It had turned into an energy supplement for me to survive each and every day.

I was trying to concentrate on my studies after he had left.
“Argh… Opening these books every time, flashes those nightmares more abruptly,” I wailed, uncontrollably.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. My eyelids got stretched, broadening the pair of eyes. A lump gobbled down my throat. I stepped down from the bed. My actions were slowed down due to nervousness. I started plodding towards the door. Again, the door was stricken. My fastened heartbeat was followed by each thump on the door.

“Who’s there?” - My trembling voice questioned.

I didn’t get any instant response from that side. After a minute, I questioned back.

A voice responded, “Madam, there's a parcel in the name of Jupitara Choudhury.”

I sighed with relief and said to myself, “Oh… It might be the invitation card from Preety di. Thank god, I had texted her Armaan's address cautiously, as she was unaware of my whereabouts - lying it to be my relative's address.”

I did unhook the door and received the parcel. Unwrapping it, disclosed a very beautiful invitation card. The front cover was engraved with collages of the love birds. I unfolded the card and marked the date – ‘6th  August ’19’.

“Thank God… It's just a day after my GU entrance. But will it be safe for me to go there, alone?” Confusions struck harder.

                           *****

“Wait! You might be tired. I will prepare coffee for both of us,” I offended when Armaan was leading to the kitchen after ending his tiresome schedule of the day.
He growled, “No need… Go and study.”
I didn’t obey his order and raced towards the kitchen. I grabbed the saucepan before he could. I popped out my tongue at him and said, “I won… Go and rest now, Mr. Looser.”

I got busy, searching for the scissor to cut the milk pouch. After finding it, I reached near the induction placed on the slab. My instinct sensed Armaan's presence. I turned towards left and caught him staring at me with a grin on his face.
“What?” I enquired.
“What?” He questioned back.
“I mean why are you smiling like an idiot?” I smirked
“I had missed the lost baby version of you. I found it back, a while ago.” He replied, happily.

I gathered my concentration back in preparing coffee after passing a creepy smile at him. After that, he left the kitchen. Smiles are in-born habits, stresses are forced habits. Smiles can get suppressed but can never get perished. The smile did overshadow my stresses for a while but Armaan's words reminded me – “You are overloaded with stress.”

I offered coffee to Armaan, who was sitting on the couch with his eyes glued to the laptop. I sat beside him. Taking a sip from my coffee mug, I said, “Armaan, if you are not busy then can we talk for a while.”
He scowled at me and growled, “Though I’m busy, I will talk. I will hear until you keep speaking. You know that right? Then what's the need for such formalities?”

I switched my glances towards the floor and curved my lips upside down – like a baby being scolded by a mother. After a few minutes, keeping the laptop aside, he crawled towards me.
He placed a kiss on my cheek.
“Sorry, for scolding you like that,” He apologized.
“You were busy working, that’s why I asked that,” I replied, innocently.
He nodded and said, politely, “Overstress slipped out my anger. I am really sorry.”