Chapter 11

"Jungle or a farmhouse?” - The same voice questioned. I didn’t know, why I couldn’t resist the options from that voice. My mind started craving more and more for the choices, given by the influential voice. The greediness for my desired choices blindfolded me from evil consequences. I chose farmhouse – ‘a heaven shelter underneath nature’.

Somehow, I was dropped near a large tree. There was a signboard engraved – Please follow the arrow marks! Following the words, I moved upstairs that were uniquely carved on the body of the tree trunk. As the stairway ended, I found myself standing on a wooden-floored balcony, fenced with some wooden balustrade. I was standing, facing a closed door. The balcony acted as a veranda for the dinky wooden house that was adjusted between two of the healthy branches of that tree.

I was delighted by the decorative balcony. It was lit up by incandescent bulb, hanging from the roof, which was shielding the balcony. The balusters were ornamented with climbers. White and black roses were blooming in a single pot, reflecting the beauty of their combined form, implanted in the hanging tubs. They were hung at the corners of the rooftop. Towards the left from the door, the balustrade opens into a long wooden hanging bridge. The darkness of the twilight restricted me from determining the end point of the bridge.

Beauty always attracts us towards itself, blindfolding us from its inner flaws. That bridge did the same with me. The sky started pouring drizzles over me, as I stepped on the bridge. There were large trees all around. The insects were performing a melodious orchestra over a stage, hidden from my eyes. I could only see the lights, glowing from the back of the fireflies. Leaning over the parapet, I tried to touch the fireflies. The bridge started to swing, due to my movements. I was mesmerized by that 'Heaven of woods'. Just a single piece of wood can create blissful heaven, showing the power of their togetherness. Unaware of the flaw, my left ankle got trapped between the two logs of wood. Somehow, I forced myself to pull out my leg and returned towards the balcony.

I sat on the floor of the balcony massaging my ankle.  I crawled toward the wooden door, to seek help. I started to knock.  But no one responded. All of a sudden, the door creaked half-open. I tried to peep inside.  I felt a hot water bag being placed on my ankle. As soon as, I turned back to discover anyone, the filament stopped spreading its light. Photons denied its company. The fireflies were my only companion. It was a cloudy twilight, blocking all the natural sources of light. I could feel someone’s presence around me but the darkness of the twilight blindfolded me.

That someone lifted me up. I heard the creaking sound of the door which confirmed to me that I was being taken inside the house. I was laid on a wooden bed without a bedsheet. He slipped off his hands towards my ankle and started massaging. Suddenly, the massage stopped and I felt the footsteps moving away from me. Those hands were magical as my ankle pain was gone. After a while, again the footsteps were nearing me. He held me in his arms and slept with me.

After that, I didn’t remember anything. Till I woke up, it was 24th July according to my online activities on my social networking accounts. But I remembered a blur version of 24th. Do you know, I have to confirm from Armaan whether we talked on 24th or not?  Moreover, I didn’t remember someone talking to me. Plus, I am quite confused now whether he was that same someone or not. How can a devil turn into someone caring,” I vomitted out  that happening in front of Arpi di.

“Hmm… … For a while just relax and then, slowly close your eyes,  rewind everything about the dream you just told me, and try to find out any information that you might have skipped while conveying. Because you are trapped in your fear plus, you are stressed as well. In such a state, there are possibilities of missing small things which might be helpful for us,” Arpi di suggested to me, after listening to whatever I have said.