"Kōri ga tokeru tokoro 氷が溶けるところ"

Tanjirou's heavy eyes cracked open, seeing the grey sky light up with a mist of pink. "You're awake." His rosewood eyes locked with Nezuko's pink ones, reverting to a human's color. Tanjirou sat up, gripping her shoulders.

"Are you-?"

Nezuko's gaze softened before turning away from his hopeful gaze. It seemed too much for her to handle at the moment.

"Yes, I'm back... But-" Nezuko was cut off by Inosuke, who held (y/n)'s limp form in his arms, shaking them slightly. Blood trickled down their pale lips. Snow began to fall from the sky, adding to their internal winter. The minor fluffs of snow drifted downwards and landed on their skin, dampening their hair and clothes. Their body shivered violently in a useless attempt to keep warm. "Angel Face! W-Wake up! You have to!"

Tanjirou turned around so quickly that Nezuko thought his head would snap.

"What...?" Tanjirou muttered, not believing what his rosewood eyes were seeing. Inosuke shook them frantically, attempting to wake them. Zenitsu shot up from the ground and held him from behind in a lock. Silent tears streamed down from his amber eyes.

"Let go of me, dunce!" Zenitsu dragged him a few feet away as Tanjirou shakily got up and walked.

"Inosuke! S-Stop it! You shaking them isn't going to help!" He fell to his knees and wrapped (y/n) in his haori with their own. Tanjirou held them close against him, wanting them to be okay.

"(y/n). Wake up. Please, dear heavens, no." Tanjirou pressed a warm hand to their cheek, feeling how cold it was.

The pain that once burned like a fire faded to an icy numbness. Black filled the edges of their vision, and the only thing they could hear was their heartbeat. They lay there, not seeing anything but the blue sky above them. Dark silver clouds coat the new sunrise. Their breath came in ragged, shallow gasps. Seconds passed as they lay there; then, they heard voices. Slowly, snow drifted from the clouds, relieving them that winter had come so soon.

People swarmed all over them, trying to help. Finally, Tanjirou lifted their body, lying limp in the street.

"I'm... I'm sorry. T-Tanji-Kun." They muttered, barely enough strength to speak. Struggling to keep their eyes open, they looked at the snowflakes falling. One of them landed on their cheek, slowly melting away.

"Oh my god, you're awake! (y/n)! D-don't speak! Save your strength, please." Tanjirou pleaded, his voice cracking with relief and pain. Their clouded (e/c) fluttered shut and opened again, trying to fix their blurred sight.

It was clear Tanjirou held them, but everything was numb. Tanjirou's warm hand cupped their cheek, rubbing away any dirt on their fair skin. They shuddered loudly and leaned into his touch, only to feel nothing. "I- I can't feel your... your w-warmth anymore." Tanjirou's eyes grew panicked, the rosewood color blurring with clear tears.

"W-wish I... I could. One last time." A weary smile tugged on their tired lips as Tanjirou held them closer. They reached up and lightly touched his cheek, only able to feel a bit of warmth from his skin.

"But I'm right here, (y/n)." He said softly. Their hand tugged him a bit closer, feeling everything fade even more. It was similar to when they just fell asleep; they'd never wake up this time.

"I-I know... a-and I love that about you. I'll be with y-you and... and everyone else." Everyone seemed to freeze as they were caught in Tanjirou's gaze. An unsaid conversation that no one else would ever understand.

It would only be a few more words until their body gave up on them.

"(y/n) no, no, please, you can't leave us! You can't leave me." Tanjirou whimpered, tears streaming down his bloodied cheeks. In response, tears blurred their vision more. Their heartbeat was so loudly in their chest that it drowned everything else out.

"For the rest of... Of f-forever... T-Tanji-Kun." Their shaking hand pulled him into a sweet, slow, tender kiss. Tanjirou kissed back, making them smile. Their thumb rubbed against his cheek until it began to slow down. Finally, their cold thumb stopped moving, no longer able to do so. Their hand dropped from his cheek, thudding softly to the ground.

Their eyes slowly fluttered closed. No longer did they find the strength to keep them open. Instead, everything around them grew dark and cold. Their weak, human heartbeat one last time.

The snow above them started to fall heavier—each ball of pure fluff landing delicately. Though the air bares only the coldness and the ground is frozen once more, they glitter with the gift of each nascent ray. It is as if God ensured there would be hope even on the most profound and wintry days, asking us to see the sparks that remain even when the world is frozen.

Tanjirou held back a loud cry of pain. His heart began to ache so badly. He wanted them to be here with him to see the snow. "(y/n)... I'm sorry... So sorry." He cried into their chest, not hearing the faint thud of their heart.

"You! What were you thinking!?" Inosuke shouted and grabbed Raya by the collar. The white-headed female looked up at him with fear and sadness. "I-I'm sorry... I didn't know they were doing that, or I wouldn't have injected Tanjirou-Kun with it." The female muttered. Inosuke shakes the female, still upset and angry. Zenitsu stood and held Inosuke in a lock from behind again.

"Inosuke! Stop! Leave them alone for a minute!" Inosuke pushed against Zenitsu but released Raya from his grasp. Guilt threaded into every line on her face as she fell backward into the snow. Tanjirou stayed still, holding them close in his arms, unwilling to let them go.

"Do you think I care! Angle Face is gone because that chick injected him with it!" Inosuke yelled, tears streaming down his cheeks. "That doesn't matter! Raya didn't know what was happening! No one did!" Zenitsu forced distance between the two just as Nezuko lightly hit Inosuke's side, making him stop.

"Both of you, stop it! (y/n) didn't want you guys to fight like this!" She yelled, Nezuko didn't look like the type to yell, but it was terrifying when she did. Nezuko's statement, no matter how true it was, only caused everyone to freeze. None of them wanted (y/n) to go. They were an important light in their lives. They were showing them the way when their path grew to dim.

It was melting hearts of ice so they could beat with care. Tanjirou let out another choked sob. They had forgotten their problems to help carry others, even if it meant a little tough love.

"N-Nezuko?" Zenitsu muttered, slowly letting Inosuke drop to the ground. "I have almost no clue what's happening here; waking up just to see my older sibling dying in my brother's arms with you two arguing in the background is something no one needs!" Everyone flinched at the sound of her voice but listened anyway.

"But Angel Face is..." Inosuke muttered, wiping away the tears streaming down his cheeks. Almost everyone was crying and for a good reason. "We're all aware, Inosuke... So calm down. No one is at fault here; no one knew." Nezuko said softly while placing a hand on his shoulder. Both of the boys crashed into the female, now crying loudly.

"(Y/n)... You are purer than the snow itself... I love that about you..." He muttered, his head resting on their deathly still heart. How was he going to live without them? Somewhere in the future. He would find a way. Tanjirou just wanted to hold them; he would stay until he was ready to let go.

Raya's gaze followed her loved one laying limp on the ground. Only to see him gone. Her gaze searched everywhere but found nothing but a couple of white feathers. "Tanjirou, sir...? Where did Muse go?" The female asked softly, still worried about him. Nezuko glanced up to look at the white-haired female. "What do you mean? Isn't he knocked out like the rest?" She asked softly while looking around.

"N-no, I-I can't find him." Raya looked back towards Tanjirou, who was also looking around, pressing them firmly against him. A gust of wind ripped through the area as their body was taken away from Tanjirou.

"I'm sorry about these young ones. But I'll be taking them." They all looked up to see Muse holding (y/n) delicately in his arms. Raya ran up to him, begging for an answer in her eyes. Unfortunately, muse'the s eyes didn't reveal his motives or reason for taking away their corpse.

"Muse, what are you-!?" Without warning, Muse flew off in a different direction. They were gone over to the horizon before anyone could do anything. Tanjirou sat there shocked; his teary eyes latched onto the grey sky.

"I can't even hold you in death... Can I?" The world was trying to rip them apart in so many ways.