"A Forged Bond 偽物の絆"

"It's no use! The blade won't go through!" The demon slowly cracked its spider gaze towards you, jolting its arm to throw you off. It screeched, sending a loud ringing in your ears. You had managed to skid to a halt on flat ground.

Something in your blood boil. Nothing outside was outside of your reach to send into bitter winter.

"With enough force! Everything cuts!"

Inosuke, Tanjirou, and you all looked at each other. Then, you all nodded towards each other, seemingly sharing the same train of thought.

Inosuke jumped up onto its left while you and Tanjirou took a right. Tanjirou's sword pierced the demon's arm first while you brought your own down on top to brace it.

"So hard!" Inosuke grunted while using his twin blades to try and cut his arm.

The father demon extended his arms back, throwing the three of you off. You tumbled backward into the river; your body was pushed against the rocks.

The shock of something dragging into your arm caused a slight yelp of pain, only for your mouth and throat to fill with water.

Finding your footing, you managed to stand in the knee-deep water. The water-soaked your lungs, forcing out ragged coughs to get it out. Your eyes stung from the slight hint of soil in the liquid.

A hand latched onto your arm and pulled up onto a rock. Barely being able to see past the hair stuck to your eyes was a glimpse of Rosewood.

A deep abrasion had torn through the protective uniform. Blood now oozed from the gash. Pressing a hand to it forced the thick red blood to ooze past your fingers and drip down your arm all the way to your fingertips.

Tanjirou's grip tightened around your shoulder. Following his arm revealed, Tanjirou had been lost in thought. In no way could you freeze the demon, and Tanjirou couldn't cut through it.

"Calm down. We've got this, Tanji-Kun, Inosuke." Tanjirou's grip released slightly in surprise. "We just need to focus."

The warning was short-lived. The demon came rushing at Tanjirou and you once again. "Stay away from my family!"

Tanjirou hooked an arm around your waist to jump out of the way of the attack. You two barely landed on the edge of the riverbank where Inosuke was standing in front of you.

"What are you looking at! I'm right here!" Inosuke jumped up and crossed his blades before he could attack the demon hit him. One of the twin blades pierced his arm, but the demon merely threw him off.

"Inosuke!" He kept skidding across the dirt until he landed harshly in the water. Then, not a second later, he popped back up. "Ouch!"

Tanjirou released you from his grasp, looking everywhere for a solution.

Biting onto your lip, your eyes darted to everything in sight, trying to think of a plan. If a regular point of contact was too weak, then maybe if you focused all of that pressure into a single point?

Tanjirou grabbed your hand, dragging you downstream to where Inosuke was. With your arm injured like it is, were you able to do something like that?

"(y/n) Focus your blade in a single line the same time I do. I've got a idea." You glanced at the back of his head, not sure why he was thinking the same thing as you. Then, he stopped and faced a tree.

"(y/n)." Gripping the blade with both hands, still feeling the adrenaline surge making your hands shake. A razor-thin sheet of ice followed by a thin sheet of pressurized water cut the tree at its base.

Tanjirou suddenly yanked you in the direction where Inosuke was.

"You okay Inosuke!" You called, the falling tree deafening your voice. The ground shook as the tree came down.