"Drops of memories 思い出の一滴"

Tanjirou's hands shook, suddenly intaking a large gasp of air. He collapsed, coughing uncontrollably. Quickly, (y/n) crossed the short distance and stood before him. Their body temperature dropped, shivering violently. Their breath condensed into clouds, sight wavering between focused and blurred. Yet, they held firm. No matter what it took, no one was dying here tonight. Too many people have already.

"You two really are pathetic. If that was the best you could do, then I'm starting to feel a little bad for you."

Their once steady breath increased as their eyes fluttered shut. 

"Since you're here. Your wounds won't be healing anytime soon. Since you are flesh and blood."

Everything in their vision darkened, urges still piling so high inside their gut. A voice screamed at the back of their mind. Over and over again. 

How could you ever forget? They were all once human.

All they could do was take one step forwards, their arms and knees shaking. Their grip on the hilt loosened. 

Drown with me. Won't you? Become what you desire. Defeat those who won't shed tears.

Something snapped. Their heartbeat thudded loudly in their ears, breath calming. Their hands shook as something cold crawled along their neck. "Oh, you can still move with that hypothermia Young Master? How cute!"

Daki grabbed their cheeks, forcing them to meet her anger-tinted eyes. Their limbs moved without a thought and twisted the blade upwards. It plunged through her chest. (y/n) grabbed her wrist, squeezing it until it splintered. They forced her to make eye contact. Then, they twisted the sword and lifted it to make Daki eye level. 

"I'll wrap that tongue around your neck and gag you with it... Snake." 

Daki stared, her eyes glancing anywhere for an opening. Her only free hand scratched across their face. (y/n) jumped away, never taking their gaze off her. The blood dripped down their blue cracked blade until it stained their hands. 

Then, from behind. Nezuko kneed her in the back of the head. Daki was sent flying, her head even blowing to bits. She crashed into several roofs and several wires before coming to a stop. 

Nezuko stopped in front of (y/n) and Tanjirou. Enraged, she glared on, fists clenched and mouth dripping with drool. 

(y/n) crash to their knees, their entire body failing to react to commands. Daki's voice faded into the back of their mind. Their vision blacked in and out. Tanjirou fell limp in front of them. And yet, they couldn't move. Limbs had frozen, and fingers were turning blue. A pair of phantom hands gently held their face, drawing them back into reality.

They gasped, the cold night air piercing their lungs. Their eyes opened, only to find no trace of Nezuko or Daki. Their limbs could move, but barely. (y/n) scooted forwards. Tanjirou had lost consciousness. He was still intent on fighting with his blade gripped so tightly. 

They grabbed his shoulders, managing to flip his body over so that his head rested in their lap. Their cold fingers gently wiped away the blood coating most of his face. This was the best they could do until the feeling returned to their limbs. 

Their breath condensed into the fog again, and their minds drew blank. (y/n) stared down at Tanjirou on their lap, bleeding from the laceration across his torso. For a moment, all they could do was stare. They weren't sure if they had died or were just... Disassociated

Seconds they were ticked by, accompanied by the loud laughter of the deranged. Finally, their head barely turned to an opening tore into the side of a building. Light flooded through, and the sounds of scared screams tore through the air.