"New Mission 新しい使命"

(An- imma just follow the movie and second season for a bit. I think it's gonna be beneficial for the story. Sit tight, and these might break me if I don't change it... This took forevER; enjoy fuff owls!)

"You can do it!" All three cheered. It warmed your insides to see that they had such faith in the four. "Yes."

The girls offered a big box full of Onigiri. Each one is perfectly made and nestled next to each other. Inosuke snatched one and shoved them into his chipmunk cheeks. "Please eat."

"Thank you." Zenitsu grabbed him from behind in an attempt to stop him. But once Inosuke had his sights set on food, there was no stopping him. "You can't eat it now."

"Please defeat many demons." You bowed slightly. That was one of the things on your list to do.

Tanjirou grabbed your wrist, tugging you towards Tomioka, who stood by a different entrance. His watery eyes still held the most profound sadness. Now you knew how he felt to an extent.

"Mr. Tomioka! Are you heading out on a mission now?" Tanjirou asked. His hand moved to hold yours, fingers gently intertwined.

"Yes. It seems you two have mastered Constant Total Concentration Breathing."

Tanjirou glanced at you with piqued curiosity. Although you couldn't blame the poor soul. Everything you did training-wise was always done out of view. So having people watch you felt odd.

"Yes. We have." Tanjirou hummed. His grip on your hand tightened just a bit as his palms grew damp. What was he nervous about? The very tip of his fingers grew cold and clammy.

"Maintain it continuously." Tomiyoka's gaze lowered towards the ground. Still, the way these two boys interacted always felt strangely forced. Even if Tanjirou was being heartfelt about it. Maybe Tomiyoka was the awkward one here? He didn't seem very social at all.

"Yes, Mr. Tomioka. Regarding Nezuko and (y/n), thank you very much. You actually gambled your life for us. I didn't know about it. How should I express my gratitude?"

Tanjirou's eyes sparkled. He always had so much faith in everyone he looked up to. Even if he was a bit... Awkward.

"You can thank me for working hard. But, the Demon Slayer Corps have to slay demons. That's all I have to say." He said plainly with a look to match.

Tanjirou smiled warmly as he yanked you back towards the group. You gave the water Hishira one last wave. "Please take care of yourself!"

Zenitsu was almost pleading with the girls so that he could stay. Inosuke was just stuffing his face with Onigiri. You waved to the small girls. They were a big help with a lot of your injuries.

"Thank you for all your help. Goodbye, everyone. We're leaving!"

~

You walked onto the platform of the train station. Lots of people walked about. Inosuke, on the other hand, was completely obsessed with it.

"Hey! This... What kind of creature is this?" His arms shook as he tried to comprehend a simple concept like a train. Well, he did say he grew up on a mountain, so this wasn't so surprising.

"This is it, right? The Owner of this land. The ruler of this land. This length and this feeling of oppression. I'm definitely right. It seems it's sleeping now. I mustn't let my guard down!"

A small smile spread to your lips. He was just as innocent as ever. Inosuke really reminded you of your younger siblings in a way.

"No, it's a train. You've never seen it?" Zenitsu sighed. At least he was one of the voices of reason for once. But he got Inosuke's hand slapped into his face.