"Mitsukatta ga ushinawa rete inai 見つかったが失われていない"

A stream of constant meowing waked (y/n). They turned away from the sound, wanting to sleep more. When the sound moved in front of their face again, it cracked their eyes open. Sleepily, they sat up. The calico cat sat in front of them, pawing at their leg.

They reached down and pulled the cat into their arms. The small cat purred contently as they closed their eyes again. They had almost fallen back asleep when a voice shook them awake.

"Where did you go?" Shook, they fell back onto their back with the cat still in their arms. Upside down, they looked at Tamayo as she walked into the room.

"Oh, hello (y/n). I can see you found Chachamaru."

They blankly glanced down at the cat purring on their chest. At the sound of the cat's name, he lifted his head to look. They released Chachamaru from their arms. The Calico cat pounced from their constituents and trotted over to Tamayo. He started to curl around her legs, wanting attention. Tamayo picked up the kitty, holding it in her arms. She placed something in its pack strapped to its back.

"Go on, find Tanjirou," Tamayo whispered while letting the cat down. At the name, they cocked their head, not sure of what to make of it. Sitting up, they glanced at the woman now looking down.

With a sweet smile, Tamayo knelt beside them. With the muzzle over their mouth, talking wasn't an option. It all came out jumbled and slurred. With a giggle, Tamayo removed the muzzle. Slavia dripped down their chin when the bamboo taste was removed.

"T-Tanj... Tanji-... Kun?" They stuttered, barely able to make the nickname roll off their tongue. Tamayo's eye widened by a fracture.

"Hm, they can talk? Barely though. Well, come on (y/n)." At the sound of their name, they stood to follow her.

Tanjirou cracked his eyes open to see the sunlight pouring through the windows. There was the dull aching pain coursing through his stomach, but it was something he could manage. He sat up, careful of the movement of his wounds.

He didn't want a lecture from them or the girl who had taken care of him. For some reason, he couldn't remember her name. But the scent of sadness was all over her. Something terrible must have happened.

"You're awake?" He turned around to see her standing in the doorway. The soft and sweet tone of her voice reminded him of (y/n). He couldn't find the right words for an answer.

She gave him a faint smile, now holding out clothes to him. Tanjirou grabbed the checkered haori and the rest of his clothes.

"I'm sorry... But what was your name?" Tanjirou asked, now starting to pull his clothes back on.

"Raya... Can I ask you something?" The tone in her voice dropped, making her sound so afraid. Tanjirou gave a slight hum of approval.

"There was another with you... Wasn't there? I-I mean, not to be rude, but the blue Haori was a bit too small for Inosuke, and-and I was just curious because the other two won't say anything about it."

Raya turned around to see Tanjirou now putting on his own Haori.

"Yes, there was..." Tanjirou said softly while he put his sword into his belt.

"Would you mind telling me why their haori was ripped like that?"

Tanjirou looked out the window, now seeing the rain had stopped. After a moment, he found the strength to speak. "Hm, there was a demon, and he confused them... To the point of their mind being lost..."

Tanjirou picked up Nezuko's box, ensuring it was safely strapped into place.

"A demon? Could you tell me his name?" Raya's voice wavered, making Tanjirou want to trust her. "Muse, I believe." Tanjjrou turned towards her, only to see clear, silent tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Thank you... -oh, Uhm, here." She turned around with a sad smile, holding out their sword and Haori. "I think these belong to them."

Tanjirou grabbed them from her, now curious as to why she wanted to know. "Do you know him?"

"He's from my clan... I lost him 15 years ago. B-but recently found out that he was turned into a demon to serve someone." Tanjirou felt a pull on his chest at the situation. He couldn't lie that it was similar to what happened between him and Nezuko.

"I'm sorry... Truly. But I need to find (y/n) and can't waste more time." Hugging their Haori close to his chest, he started to walk out the door.

A hand latched onto his wrist; he looked back at the redhead. "P-please! Could you take me with you? I need to see him again... Just one time."

"Do as you wish, Raya." Her teary grey eyes grew hopeful as Tanjirou walked out of the room. The young female followed him to the gate where Zenitsu and Inosuke were waiting. They both looked ready to go, prepared for anything Muzan had to throw at them.

"Let's go," Tanjirou said. Inosuke threw the door open only to hear a loud meow. The group looked around, trying to find where it came from.

Tanjirou looked out into a tree. There sitting, waving a tailback and forth, is Chachamaru. He walked up to the cat, where it jumped down into his arms.

"What are you doing here?" he scratched it underneath the kittie's chin. A loud purr echoed from its throat. "Tanjirou? What's that on its back" Tnajirou opened the small pack, only to find a piece of paper.

Tanjirou, Nezuko.

I currently have (y/n), and they're under my protection. But, it seems that Muzan's cells have corrupted their memory and state of mind. Though, they realize who is an enemy and who isn't. I can not say for sure if they remember. Best give it a try. I'll be waiting in the city when the moon vanishes from the sky. Yushirou will guide you to the meeting spot.

-Tamayo

Tanjirou looked up towards the confused group. With a slight hesitation, he spoke what the note had just said. "I know where (y/n) is..."