"My Own Steel 己の鋼"

Tanjirou felt something shaking him when he finally came too. He couldn't tell who was shaking him through the pounding in his head. Finally, his rosewood eyes opened to see a fuzzy image of (y/n) above him. A worried look glazed in their (e/c) eyes.

"Tanji-Kun. Are you okay?" The sweet sound of their voice withdrew him further from the comforting darkness. "Tanji-Kun, answer me!"

Their words sounded anxious and scared. Tanjirou's limbs felt a bit numb.

"You're bleeding."

A faint scent of iron flooded his nose and a slight stinging feeling on his forehead. "I'm... I'm Okay, (y/n)." Their (e/c) eyes snapped in his direction. Abruptly, they wrapped their arms around him. One of their hands ran through his hair while tightening the hug. Tanjirou's heart rate sped up against their chest.

The male wrapped his arms around their form, telling them to release their death grip on him. After several minutes, Tanjirou started to tap their shoulder when they didn't let go. Tanjirou's warm breath covered their ear, almost making them shutter on the inside. (y/n)'s heart started to beat out of its cage with him in such proximity.

They let go of him to inspect the cut he had on his forehead. Then, they ripped the edge of their sleeve and gently tied it around his forehead. Tanjirou gave they a look of thanks, to which they just smiled softly.

~

The rain came down heavily. It drenched them to the bone as they ran. The demon chasing they had gotten caught in the vines. All It did was a growl.

"Please tell me how to turn a demon back into a human." The demon didn't answer... Instead, it ripped loose and lunged for an attack. Drawing their sword and decapitating it. Tanjirou's emotion soured with the lack of information.

Two more demons caught on to us and attempted to fight. "Please tell me." (y/n) decided to let Tanjirou handle this one. "How I can turn Nezuko..." The demons came after them since they weren't doing anything. "Back into a human?" It was over in an instant. The demon's head flew off and landed in the mud, crumbling to dust.

After a long time of climbing and defeating demons, (y/n) and Tanjirou walked into a clearing. Almost instantly, they were hit with the sickeningly sweet smell of the glowing wisteria groove. They clasped a hand over their nose, feeling the strong scent infiltrate their insides un-willingly.

Tanjirou lifted a hand to smell them with a slight smile. While he did that, they felt all of the strength in their limbs fade away. A burning feeling rushed into their bloodstream. Their lungs began to contract, feeling like life was being sucked right out of them.

"Wisteria."

(y/n) coughed into their hand while their back pressed against a tree. Tanjirou heard them and turned. His rosewood eyes grew concerned. Tanjirou gripped their shoulders just as they gasped. "C-can we l-leave this a-area?"

Tanjirou cupped their cheeks, only to see their eyes watering and red. "What's wrong? This hasn't happened before, has it? Is it the flowers?" (y/n) gave a meek nod.

Their limbs felt so heavy that they couldn't move more than two feet. Tanjirou picked them up by placing a hand behind their knees while the other rested on their back. Their breathing and bodily functions seemed to return to normal once they were about 50 to 100 feet away. The scent still singed their nose but allowed them to breathe right.

"What was that?" Tanjirou asked worriedly. They looked up at him just as he sat on the ground with them in his lap. "I-I don't know. I've never been around that flower before..."

As Tanjirou held them tightly in his arms, their head rested lightly on his shoulder. Their heart rate shot through the roof, but they were too tired to care from staying up for several days straight.