"Sabito, Makomo, and Kin 育手鱗滝左近次"

"The Demon Slayer Corps has around several hundred members. It's an organization unrecognized by the government." Urokodaki explains the basics of the organization. It sounded simple enough, yet, was there more to it?

"Yet it's existed since ancient times, and we continue to hunt demons today. But as for who's leading the Demon Slayer Corps, that remains a mystery." (y/n)'s mind wandered toward that demon that pinned them in the tavern. Sure, they heard of them, know what they do to humans if they got a hold of them, but never had that kind of look ever crossed the eyes of that demon.

"Demons. Staple food... Humans! They kill humans and feed on them. No one knows when and where they first appeared. Their physical prowess is remarkable. Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. After being hacked off, the flesh is restored, and limbs can be newly regenerated."

His eyes were red, pained with hunger. Yet, there seemed to be something different hidden within the red gaze. A sad scent wafted off him on so many different levels it was hard to tell who they were looking at?

The demon never once spoke but looked confused at the kind look glittering in their eyes. One of pity and remorse. That alone was enough for him to regain a little bit of sanity and leave. Was it indeed a demon...? Or someone who had been placed under a curse they never asked for? They have torn away from everything they loved just for a bit of power to change.

"Some demons can shape-shift. Others have otherworldly powers. They can only be killed by sunlight or decapitation with a special sword. Much like the one (y/n) wields. Let me see that blade, child." Both of the males took notice of just how quiet they were. Tanjirou even more so. When the two of them were little, they always had to say what was on their mind. Not once did they ever feel the need to keep something from him?

Why was that the case now? Did that one demon they mentioned only once change their outlook that drastically? They snapped out of it and unhooked it from their thigh, and tossed it to him. Although small and slightly dull, it did its job. Its short black blade was highlighted with flashes of cracked ice along the blade edge.

"It looks like this one was broken and remade into a smaller blade. But it's more or less the same." They gently took the blade back from him, still wondering why their mother decided to leave it with them. Did she know that one day they were to require it?

"The Demon Slayers battle the demons with their mortal bodies. Since they're human, their wounds are slow to heal, and, once lost, their limbs don't grow back!" Urokodaki continued while they got lost in the sounds of his words. Humans are mortal, aware of the limited time each of them has. Knowing there isn't a day where one might die, we cling to it like wolves to a pack.

Their eyes fluttered shut. "Even so, they battle the demons to protect other humans." Tanjirou turned his gaze back to Urokodaki once he realized he was staring. Something in his chest fluttered at just how much they seemed to change.

Although (y/n) were smaller than Tanjirou, they were older by a few months. Yet, he wanted to know what caused them to change so drastically. He wanted to see what they were thinking.

"I am a trainer. I train swordsmen. There are many trainers, and each trains their pupils with their regimen in their location. To join the Demon Slayer Corps, they must survive the Final Selection process held on Mt. Fujikasane. Whether or not they're eligible for Final Selection is up to me." Urokodaki finished. At this point, they would follow Tanjirou anywhere to make sure he stayed safe.

And so, (y/n) ran behind him when training came. He swung the blade by his side numerous times and joked around when his spirits were down. Over the days, Urokodaki taught the two how to turn the sword properly, occasionally pulling Tanjirou or them to the side to correct the form.