"I'll take it all even if I forget my own 自分のことを忘れても全部取ります"

(y/n) stood there gazing up at the sky. Tamayo held onto their hand, ensuring that they didn't wander off. They had been with her for a few days. They felt a strange calmness wash over them, not being around others. A peacefulness they hadn't felt in a long time.

Tamayo glanced out into the trees on the opposite side of the streets. Nothing illuminated the sky, no stars or moon. Instead, darkness had coated the land even in the early night.

(y/n) stared dead-on into the forest line, seeing another demon running toward them. The demon girl tackled them into a hug, humming contently. They did nothing to return the sentiment.

Tamayo glanced at (y/n), now being hugged to death by Nezuko. "Well, I assume you're here. Tanjirou?"

Her gaze filtered towards the boy in question. He stood at the forest's edge, panting slightly. Behind him, Zensitu and Inosuke. There was another girl with them, panting with her eyes set on the sky. Yushirou quickly crossed the distance and joined Tamayo's side again.

"Who might these people be? As as we were concerned, Tanjirou and Nezuko were traveling alone."

(y/n) stayed on the ground with Nezuko over them, not finding the motivation to move.

"Oh, sorry, Inosuke, Zensitu, and Raya." Zensitu gave Tamayo a small wave, whereas Inosuke huffed and said nothing. Raya also gave her a shy wave.

"Nezuko. Come here, please," Tanjirou asked. She sat up, her eyes turning sad before returning to his side.

Zenitsu loomed around, barely able to see them lounging back on the ground.

"(Y/n) sit up, please," Tamayo asked. Without question, they did as asked. Their gaze scanned over the different people standing in front of them. They looked familiar, but they couldn't remember their roles in their life—no faces to match with a name, just shadows standing in their field of vision.

For the rest of forever, Tanji-Kun.

A warm smile swarmed their thoughts with a gentle touch traced their cheek. They spit out the muzzle; their long fangs dripped with Salvia.

"Ta... Tanji... Kun." (y/n) stuttered.

The shadow they stared at glowed in a fiery warmth. They stood, following the vaguely familiar scent of charcoal.

Blood coated their hands and splattered all over their fair skin. Almost scared, he looked at Tamayo.

"Don't worry. It's all demon blood. Human blood comes off much easier..." Tamayo watched as they carefully approached him. Their fingers curled with anticipation.

"We should know. I spent a whole hour trying to get it off." Yushirou sighed. Remember how much it took to get it out of their clothes? "I'm not sure what they were doing in his possession. We can only guess it was some experiment of some sort."

(y/n) cocked their head slightly now within afoot. The boy smelled so overwhelmingly familiar. The way he was staring at them with such intensity made them confused. Their hand reached out and cupped his cheek. Tanjirou immediately noticed how cold their hand was. Their gaze was distant, but like they didn't know who they were looking at. Their gaze shifted to Nezuko, where their other hand cupped her cheek. With a quick movement, they threw their arms around Tanjirou. Nuzzling into his neck, the familiar scent enveloped them.

His arms wanted to wrap around them, hold them close, but would it feel right? The last time anything like them touched him, it wasn't right. A trick. Was this the same thing?

"You know... They're harmless to those they deem as allies." Tamayo popped in, spotting Tanjirou's hesitation. Tanjirou nodded and wasted no time returning the hug.