"The Smell of Enchanting Blood 幻惑の血の香り"

"Wrap your wound with cloth and hold it tight. It's okay, just calm down," (y/n) informed.

They held their palms flat against the wound—the blood oozed past the fingers. (y/n)'s hands were shaking from the adrenaline rush. At the moment, it seemed like everything they knew was falling apart at the seams.

That man hasn't killed anyone. He was just an ordinary passerby just a moment ago. And until he showed up.

"Don't look. It's dangerous here, Rei. Let's go somewhere else." They glanced over at Muzan, shuffling away with the female and little girl as if nothing had happened.

A low growl ripped from the base of the throat at the thought of what he just did to save his ass—making a demon in the middle of the heavily populated place than to have it attack his wife?

"Muzan Kibutsuji! No matter where their go, I'll never let them off the hook! There'll never get away from me! I'll pursue you to the depth of hell, and I'll cut off your head with my sword! I'll never forgive you!" Tanjirou yelled.

His eyes were wild and full of the most hatred they'd ever seen from him.

Their throat was dry, and their heart sped up at the thought of his reaction when he found out what they were. After all, they couldn't keep it a secret forever. Someday, Tanjirou would find out, and his reaction is something they're not mentally prepared for.

"Hey! What are you up to?" Their headshot towards police officers walking up. "Hey, kid. Get off that man."

(y/n) stopped applying pressure on the woman to step in front of the police officer. "We don't want him to kill anyone. Please let me do my work. I beg you, gentlemen." They held their arms out to stop them from getting to them. The male tried to push them aside, only to find they won't budge an inch. The male stopped and moved by grabbing their waist.

"N-no! It's for their safety!" So they started to push him back quickly.

"Damn! If you resist us again..." Two more men attempted to get past, but it was getting more challenging to hold them back. Finally, one picked (y/n) up and threw them over his shoulder. They kicked and slammed his back.

"This man will hurt you! Stop it and just listen to me!!" They cried, tears threatening at the edges of their eyes. "You fools! You'll only shorten your lives by going near him!" Finally, their foot collided with the male's lower section, the most sensitive part. The police officer let out a shriek fit for a little girl and dropped (y/n).

Yet, they landed quite roughly onto the ground, almost headfirst. "You twit! Don't drop me like that; what do I look like!? A stack of hay!" The male was bent over in pain, his hands held over his crotch to prevent any other damage.

"Seriously... That hurt," They muttered underneath their breath. For sure, there would be a big bruise on the thigh.

"Are they okay?" Gazing upwards, a young man held out his hand. His short blueish silver hair complimented his overall pastel theme. Hesitatingly, their hand delicately took his.

"He shouldn't have dropped you like that. Are you in pain?" The male asked politely. They were about to answer when a blur of flowers surrounded the four. The male stepped behind a young woman before (y/n) could answer him.

Long black hair was tied into a bun with violet eyes that looked deep with emotion. She looked at Tanjirou and then at them skeptically. Her kind gaze caused them to turn away. She was giving them the kindness they'd never asked for. Let alone deserve.

"You still call someone a human even if he has turned into a demon, and you will do your best to save him. So let me give a helping hand."

(y/n) noticed the large cut wounds down her forearm. Slowly, the skin along the cut healed itself, and the blood flow stopped. She's a demon. And the young man too? Their gaze met him, only for him to turn away.