XII - The Final Sacrifice

Before Alice stands up, twins are already behind her, covering her mouth, as the queen speaks,

"Give me the rope, Cheshire."

The so-called-purple cat Cheshire appeared behind Clementine without any hesitation that made the young maiden look at the floating creature who helped her throughout her quest- despite feeling that she failed, rather is slowly failing to save herself from this horrific land, that will forever be a nightmare for her, and not will be easily erased from her.

Anger, fear, and hopelessness are written on Alice's eyes as she watches Cheshire Cat hand the queen some rope that is instantly felt by her fragile hands that are being tied behind her, then felt by her entire body, being tied as well. She has no way of escaping at that horror.

Alice looked at the twins who were forcing her to not make any move, for them to be able to not let the young maiden meet or even feel freedom. Tears are continuously running down her cheeks, her lips dried and blood is visible on it, as she speaks with such weak tone, "Please... have... a... heart."

Clementine walks towards Alice who is now just looking at her, begging to spare her life and the others' lives- for it is innocent, for they were kidnapped for a reason that is not valid for death. An argument that can be fixed with just good communication.

The queen touched the chin of the weak maiden, suddenly... she coughed... blood. For the rope is tightened around her body, "Mother, I am... dying."

She was called mother by the young maiden, thinking that it might make a way to the queen's heart to set her free and to have a childhood.

"Child, your mother is the reason why this is happening to you, and I am just... your mother-mother. Your actual mother cursed someone. Someone from my family... someone who I loved."

Alice remembered Cheshire Cat, for it is what she remembers that was told to her, a sibling. Her brother... who ruled Wonderland with fun memories.

Until the queen, Clementine tried to steal the throne from her brother and ruled Wonderland collecting souls in exchange for a lifetime throne.

The young maiden tries to catch her breath, and tries to speak, "Cheshire... your brother."

"My brother is one of them... Matthew is one of them, he was cursed by your mother to turn into a cat that floats, yes."

The young maiden was about to speak, but the queen continues and starts to tell her something that she did not know about her family.

"You see, the other sacrifices are somehow connected to you... Agatha, Krystal, and Timothy."

"Connected?" Alice questions.

"Do not speak, child. Just listen. You'll eventually understand."