"Because I haven't. . . I haven't told him everything."

"Still?" Stiles and I were both confused by this. "We said it was okay."

The beta nodded, "Yeah, I know, but it's not that easy. It's a lot to accept."

"He watched my dad blow up a Berserker with a land mine. I think the groundwork's been pretty thoroughly laid for acceptance," Stiles pointed out.
"Scott, Riley and I have been through this. Okay? More than once. It's always been better when they know."

I thought back to my mother and how we had both been keeping secrets from each other. It had driven a wedge into our relationship and it never really healed from that.

We started walking again, not wanting to lose Theo, but Liam wasn't done with this conversation.
"But what if he freaks out? What if he doesn't want to talk to me? What if he tries to stab me with something silver? Or what if. . ."

"Finally," I mumbled as he stopped talking.

Except he hadn't just stopped talking. The silence was followed by a loud thud. With a sigh, Stiles and I both stopped walking. Turning around, I couldn't see Liam. However, there was a rather large hole in the ground now.

Walking over to the edge of the hole, Stiles and I looked down to see Liam at the bottom. Stiles threw his hands up, shaking his head. "What the hell are you doing?"

Liam just shrugged, not really knowing how to reply.

"I swear-"

"Stop," I said quickly, grabbing his arm. I could hear footsteps in the distance, growing closer to us with each second. "He's over there."

Stiles looked from me to Liam, "Hurry up. Stop screwing around."

The two of us walked ahead, listening to the rustling sound of Liam climbing out of the hole. We stopped at a tree where we were close enough that we could see Theo, but not far enough that we couldn't tell what was going on.

When Liam finally rejoined us, Stiles instructed him to get the boy's scent. The beta took a moment before answering, "Soap. It's nice. It smells good."

I shut my eyes for a moment, taking a breath. "Not his soap, Liam. Chemosignals. Emotional state. Remember?"

"Oh, right, sorry. Okay." Liam focused again, eyes trained on Theo.
"I. . .he's sad."

"He's sad?" Stiles repeated, doubt lacing his tone.

"Well, not just sad. . . It's more like grief."

"Grief?" Stiles echoed again. I turned to see his eyes narrowed, trying to think why the boy he thought was keeping secrets would be grieving.

I tried to do the same, watching Theo carefully. He wasn't really doing anything, just standing on the bridge all alone. After a moment, he unwrapped something in his hands. He then proceeded to pull a white lily out of the wrapping, holding it up before him. He stared at it for a second, before delicately dropping it into the water below.

When the lily hit the water, it was like something clicked for Stiles. "Oh, my God!" The boy gasped quietly.

"Stiles? What just happened?" I whispered back.

"Go! We have to go."
The boy grabbed Liam and I by the arm a each, dragging us away from the tree.

Liam didn't go easily, confused by Stiles' sudden mood shift. "What? Why?"

"Go! Right now. Just go."

"Stiles, you need to tell us what's going on," I told him firmly, but still obeying and walking away.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 ▷ Stiles Stilinski²जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें