Jaded Little Love Song

This chapter is based on Season 4 Episode 18. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

Dean parked the car and looked in the rearview mirror where Marley was passed out.

"Think we should wake her up?" Sam questioned.

Dean shook his head. "I don't think her threatening this guy is our best play right now."

Sam nodded and the boys stepped out of the car to approach the ramshackle house.

It was about 5 minutes later when Marley was awoken by the sound and vibration of the trunk slamming shut. Immediately she was awake.

"Chuck stop!"

Marley sat up and looked out the window to where Sam and Dean were staring down a man that could only be described as a short, squirrely guy in a bathrobe and boxers.

"P-please don't hurt me." Chuck held up his hands in front of him as if he would actually be able to fend off the two giants.

"How much do you know? Do you know about the angels? Or Lilith breaking the seals?" Sam questioned.

Chucks brow furrowed in confusion. "Wait a minute, how do you know about that?"

"The question is, how do you?" Dean's voice was harsh

"Cause I wrote it."

"You kept writing?"

"Yeah even after the publisher went bankrupt." Chuck quickly explained before going back to being confused. "But those books never came out."

The brothers shared a look of disbelief, but Chuck had his own disbelieving face. The bearded man chuckled.

"Okay wait a minute. This is some kind of joke right? Did that-" He gestured to his neighbor's house. "Did Phil put you up to this?"

Dean licked his lips and refrained from an eyeroll. "Well nice to meet ya. I'm Dean Winchester, and this is my brother Sam."

Chuck's stomach dropped. "The last names were never in the books. I never told anybody about that. I never even wrote that down."

All three heads turned at the sound of a car door closing. Marley strode over to the group, her hard gray eyes were locked on Chuck.

"You're the guy that's been writing the books?"

"Are you also a fan?" Chuck asked meekly.

"Not a fan buddy."

Dean turned his back to the group so that he was facing her. His right shoulder was aligned with her right shoulder.

"Why don't you take a walk before you do something stupid."

"Really? Me do something stupid? Have you met yourself?"

"Look we have this handled. Just take a hike and I'll call you when we need you."

Marley's eyes narrowed at him. "Just because the book writes me as a dispensable sidekick does not mean you just get to kick me to the curb any time I don't fit into a scene."

Dean rolled his eyes as he changed tactics. "I'll let you know when there's a make out scene that you're needed for."

That was all it took for Marley to send him one last glare before walking away.

"Who was that?" Chuck spoke up.

"That..." Dean turned around to face him. "That was your little damsel in distress."