Best Friend's Kiss (taekook)

Taehyung glanced at his phone screen. It's 9:00 and he hasn't called yet. I wonder if something is wrong. Does he not have time for me anymore now that his brother his home? Sighing, he tossed the device onto his bed and left to take a shower. 

The bathroom door opened, a cloud of steam seeping out as Taehyung towel-dried his hair. His phone started ringing. He dropped the towel ad raced to his bed, nearly bashing his kneecap on the bed frame as he dived for his phone. 

"Jungkook. Hi."

"Hey, hyung. You alright? You sound like you ran a marathon."

"No I'm- I'm alright." Taking a deep breath, the elder got up and turned off the lights before climbing back into bed. 

"Are you tired?"

"Very. You?"

"Me too."

"Yeah, schools been tough."

"My brother complains nonstop about it and he graduated two years ago! I think they're just trying to mentally scar us."

"Yeah," Tae rolled over and stared at the ceiling. "I agree."

"I'm gonna let you go alright? I'll see you in the morning?"

"Always."

"Good, sleep well."

"Sleep well." Jungkook practically launched himself off the couch, running down the hallway to his parent's room. His socks slid on the hardwood floor causing him to crash shoulder-first into the doorway.

"Hey, mom? I just need to run out real quick I left a textbook back at school."

"Will you be able to get it? Isn't the school locked?"

"I talked to one of my teachers, they'll let me in."

"Alright honey, make sure you say thank you!"

"I will!" He shouted, already halfway out the door. Throwing himself into his car, Jungkook hurriedly started the engine and raced off down the street. 

He stopped at a gas station, pulling a couple of dollars out of his wallet before going inside. Scanning the shelves for Taehyung's favorite snacks, he pulled two bags of Swedish Fish off the shelves and a Bang out of the freezer. Back in the car, Jungkook turned the key in the ignition and started towards his best friend's house. 

Jungkook looped the bag of goodies around his wrist, leaning the pairs hidden ladder next to Taehyung's window. He climbed slowly. Once at the top, he knocked thrice against the window sill. Taehyung appeared a second later.

"Jungkook?" He whispered, helping the other climb inside. "What are you doing here?"

"You sounded down so I came to the rescue!" Jungkook smiled brightly, holding the bag out in front of him. The elder took the bag and glanced inside, his eyes lighting up immediately. He dropped the bad and launched himself forward, wrapping his around Jungkook's neck.

"Thank you, Kookie." He sighed and nuzzled into the younger's shoulder. Jungkook smiled and rubbed his back. 

"Of course, hyung. That's what I'm here for." Pulling back, Tae smiled gratefully. Soft moonlight filtered through the sheer purple curtains, swallowing the pair in a lavender cloud. Jungkook rested his palm against the elder's cheek, brushing away a strand of hair. Tae blushed nervously. Still, the younger dipped his head and held Tae's gaze. He cast the elder a small smile.

"You're eyes are always so beautiful." He whispered. Taehyung looked away and fiddled with the hem of his sweater. Jungkook leaned closer.

"Taehyung." The elder faced him, feeling Jungkook's warm breath against his lips. The younger searched his eyes for permission. Tae gave him the slightest nod. Leaning closer, their lips pressed together, soft as velvet. Jungkook held Taehyung's face in his hands, pulling away just enough to meet his eyes. The elder stared with wide eyes but didn't back away as Jungkook leaned in for another kiss.