Breathe (yoonkook)

*mildly mature*

As the last school bell rang, waves upon waves of students flooded the street getting into cars and racing down the street. Jungkook laughed, bumping his shoulder against Namjoon's. The elder chuckled. 

"At this rate, they'll make it to your house before you do."

"As usual." The pair hopped into Namjoon's Jeep and drove down the street to Jungkook's house. As expected, the front yard was already swamped. He pushed through the crowd and unlocked the door. People rushed through the door, clogging the hallways. Boys pulled girls into empty rooms, the stoners taking hold of the bathroom. 

Jungkook and Namjoon began to pile trash into bags as the straglers waited for rides home. 

"I didn't see Yoongi here tonight." Namjoon teases with a smirk. 

"He doesn't usually show up." The younger frowned. Namjoon bumped his shoulder.

"Hey, I've got an idea." Immediately, Kook's eyes lightened. 

"What is it?"

"I'll handle it. You're job it to be ready here for when he arrives."

"I'm going to need more than that."

"You're not having a party next week. I'll get Yoongi here by himself. You've got this one chance." He smiled at Jungkook's horrified face.

"Not to scare you or anything, but if you screw this up he likely won't speak to you again. He's pretty sensitive. But no pressure."

"Oh." Kook chewed his lip as he dragged his trash bag out to the dumpster, thousands of thoughts barreling through his mind. The elder chuckled when he came back.

"Don't look so stressed there, Kook. I've got faith in you."

"Thanks, Joon."

Exactly a week later, Jungkook was face to face with his crush. Yoongi stood there awkwardly, hands tucked into the kangaroo pocket of his hoodie. 

"Um, Joonie said you needed help with physics."

"Oh yeah, thank you for the help."

"No problem, it's my only good class." Jungkook nodded and lead the elder to his bedroom. Two chairs were squished in front of his small, and very crowded, desk. 

"Sorry, it's cramped in here. I'm not very organized."

"I don't mind." Yoongi claimed one of the chairs and carefully skimmed the homework. 

"Oh, I've done this before." Picking up a stray pencil, he began jotting down various equations and rules. Jungkook sat slowly, gazing at the other's profile. After a couple minutes, Yoongi looked up.

"Um, can I help you?"

"You're just really pretty." The words jumped out of Jungkook's mouth. He jumped back, slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Wait no I mean- that's not what I- oh no." Yoongi ducked his head slightly, but smiled reassuringly. 

"Take a breath, Jungkook. Before you faint or something. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to pick you up off the floor."

"Right." He wheezed, sucking in a deep breath. Watching with smiles in his eyes, Yoongi tilted his head like a puppy.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jungkook asked as he smoothed down his hair.

"You're just really cute."

"I- what?"

"Namjoon told me, you know. That you liked me." 

"He WHAT?!?!" Jungkook reached for his phone. Yoongi gripped his wrist.

"Don't get mad at him, I wasn't supposed to tell you. He only said something cause I've crushed on you for a while."

"Oh." Jungkook stared, dumbfounded. Reaching up, Yoongi combed through the younger's hair gently.

"Breathe." He encourages. "It's okay."