Chapter 42

Chapter 42.

Moments after reading the strange note, Magnolia was standing in a dark hallway in a house that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere on the street. The group that had escorted the twins to Grimmauld Place were stood close by them as well, all cramped in the narrow hall. When Moody cast the lights on, the soft glows didn't change the gloomy atmosphere that hung in corridor.

Magnolia was bought out of her thoughts when Mrs Weasley trotted towards them all, a large smile on her face and her arms open wide to envelope the twins in a hug. Magnolia was glad that Mrs Weasley had gotten over her frostiness towards her from the Final Task after the article Draco had been involved in; Mrs Weasley was the closest thing Magnolia had to a mother figure in her life.

"Oh, look at you two, it's lovely to see you both." Mrs Weasley cupped the twins' cheeks, "You're looking peaky, you need feeding up. Especially you Magnolia, do they not feed you at all? You'll have to wait for a bit for dinner I'm afraid."

Magnolia glanced at her brother, Mrs Weasley had greeted them like the twins had known they were coming her all summer, not like they had been being ignored by their friends. Mrs Weasley whispered to the group that had escorted Magnolia and her brother about something starting, which created a ripple of excitement through them all.

"No, Harry. The meeting's for Order members only. Ron and Hermione are upstairs, you can wait with them until the meeting's over and then we can all have dinner." Mrs Weasley told Harry as he went to follow Remus, "And keep your voices down in the hall."

"Why?"

"I don't want anything to wake up."

"To wake up?" Magnolia questioned.

"I'll explain later, I've got to hurry, I'm supposed to be at the meeting- I'll just show you where you're sleeping."

Magnolia and Harry followed Mrs Weasley through the hall and up the stairs of the strange house, Magnolia looking around trying to take everything in. The entire house was dank and gloomy, Magnolia couldn't help the shiver that ran down her spine and the thought of the type of wizards that resided here, so why were the twins here?

"Magnolia, dear, you're in the room on the left with Hermione and Ginny. Harry, you're on the right with Ron." Mrs Weasley told them, "Ron and Hermione will explain everything, I expect they're in your room, Harry."

With that, Mrs Weasley turned and quietly ran back down the stairs. Magnolia frowned, why was everyone being so quiet? The house didn't feel lived in at all, and by the way Kaida weaved through her legs so closely Magnolia guessed her pet didn't like it here either. She followed her brother as he walked towards the door that Hermione and Ron were supposed to behind and saw the snake's head doorknob before Harry grasped it to open the door. Magnolia sighed as realisation came to her.

"Harry!" Hermione's voice shouted as Harry was pushed back by the force of her throwing herself at him, "Ron! He's here, Harry's here!"

Hermione let go of Harry, only to push past him and pull Magnolia in for a hug as well.

"Ron! Oh, Ron! Maggie is here too! They're here, Ron!" Hermione continued, "We didn't hear you arrive! Oh, how are you? Are you alright? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have, but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear!"

Magnolia managed to get out of Hermione's grip and made her way further into the bedroom as Hermione carried on. She could see that her brother was getting worked up and could feel her own blood beginning to boil.

"We've got so much to tell you- and you've got so much to tell us! When we heard... the Ministry... it's just outrageous, I've looked it up, they can't expel you! They just can't, there is a provision in the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery for the use of magic in life threatening situations-"