Chapter 9

Chapter 9.

Magnolia threw herself onto the Gryffindor bench next to Hermione, practically slamming her bag on the table. The Gryffindor students near her looked over in shock, even Harry looked up from his breakfast warily. Magnolia grabbed a croissant and pulled a drink of water towards her ignoring the cautious glances being thrown her way by the students around her

"You ok there, Nola?"

Magnolia tossed the croissant on to her plate and finally looked into her friends faces. Magnolia huffed; she hadn't meant to worry her Gryffindor friends.

"He's just so infuriating!" Magnolia exploded, "You would have thought after Justin and Nearly Headless Nick, Malfoy might show a bit more concern about the Chamber being open. More and more attacks happening!"

After their conversation after the Duelling Club, Magnolia and Malfoy's relationship had changed. They had stopped squabbling so much and to Pansy's delight, they could even sit together in groups for dinner times or homework sessions.

They still had their bickers; things hadn't changed that much. Magnolia and Malfoy were different people and were constantly butting heads, their brief honesty with each other would not change that. This morning had shown that.

Magnolia had walked into the Slytherin Common Room on her way to breakfast that morning and saw Malfoy in the middle of the room once again imitating Nearly Headless Nick being blown away from the corridor he and Justin Finch-Fletchley had been found in, both Petrified.

"Again? Really?" Magnolia scoffed, "Grow up, Malfoy."

The Slytherins had sighed when Malfoy snapped back with a reply; ready for an argument again. Luckily, Theo and Daphne had grabbed Magnolia's hands and dragged her from the Common Room. Magnolia had decided to sit with her brother then, to give the Slytherins a relaxing breakfast.

It was the last day before Christmas break, and Magnolia and her dorm mates were looking forward to their Slumber Party that evening. Theodore had offered to supply the food again and had been questioning Magnolia and Daphne on the way to The Great Hall about what they wanted.

Classes that day seemed to drag, and Magnolia couldn't focus on anything her Professors were saying. The snow was falling lazily outside, coating the grounds, as Magnolia daydreamed. She was worrying about the Polyjuice Potion plan. Her House had been in relative calm since her and Malfoy had come to their almost truce; Magnolia was worried something would go wrong and that peace would be broken in a massive way.

Finally, Magnolia was walking into her Common Room with Tracey to get ready for the evening. Her, Daphne, and Pansy were all going home for the holidays again this year. As they walked through the Common Room, Theo was walking towards them with Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Back soon ladies." Theo sang as they walked past each other.

Tracey giggled and they walked down to their Dorm where Daphne and Pansy were already sat in their pyjama's. Kaida bounded over to Magnolia as she came in, weaving through her legs and almost tripping Magnolia as she tried to get to her bed.

After they had both showered and changed into their pyjama's they pulled the sheets from the beds to get comfortable on the floor. A knock sounded at the door, and Daphne called for the boys to let themselves in. Like last year, Theo and Malfoy walked in weighed down by the treats and snacks they had got for the girls. When they'd put them all down, Malfoy pulled a small packet out of his pocket and handed it to Magnolia.

"Treats for Kaida." He explained shortly, "Didn't want her left out."

Magnolia barely had time to smile in thanks before Malfoy walked out of the room and Theo was told to leave. She opened the packet and got a few of the treats out, placing them on the floor next to her for Kaida. The girls were talking about their Christmas plans; Daphne was going to France for the skiing with her family after Pansy's family Christmas Ball.