Chapter 38.

Chapter 38.

Magnolia knew her and Draco's friends could tell there was something different with the pair. The days following the Second Task they sat closely at mealtimes and in the Common Room, they joked and teased each other more openly and sometimes when they thought no one was looking, they would be so wrapped up in each other that they had no idea what was going on around them.

On Tuesday evening, after dinner, Magnolia and Draco were sat in a small hidden alcove on the third floor. Magnolia was sat in between Draco's legs, leaning back against his chest, with his arms wrapped around her.

Draco had told Magnolia about the boys questioning him during Quidditch practice that afternoon, only for him to smirk and fly off quickly. Magnolia laughed as she told Draco that the girls had tried interrogating her the same time during their free period, but she brushed their comments off and easily changed the subject.

She was still getting used to the idea of her and Draco being together herself. She was still getting used to how different Draco was with her now; in their quiet moments, he was gentle and romantic with her.

The following day, Magnolia and Daphne were sat on the plush chairs by the fire finishing their Transfiguration essay, Pansy and Tracey had already finished it so were sat on the sofa playing a game of Exploding Snap, when the boys walked in. Everybody froze when Draco automatically sat on the floor by Magnolia's feet. None of them had ever seen Draco sit on the floor.

"Right!" Theo exclaimed, snapping everyone out of their trances and pulling Magnolia and Draco's attention to him, "What in the name of Merlin is going on with you two?"

"And don't try to lie to us." Tracey added.

Magnolia looked down at Draco, who was already facing her. He was giving her the choice. He had promised to wait for her to decide what she wanted, and now Magnolia knew that he was giving her the choice to tell their friends what had happened or not.

Magnolia glanced at Pansy, she didn't know what the girl would do, but found her smiling at Magnolia. Pansy nodded ever so slightly, enough for just Magnolia to see. Magnolia felt her own smile forming and turned back to Draco.

"Well, we're... you know."

Draco laughed, "Eloquent as always."

"You do it then!" Magnolia giggled back, hitting him lightly on the shoulder.

"Ok." Draco turned back to their friends, "...Well, we're... you know."

"Oh, this is painful to watch." Blaise moaned as the others laughed, "Do you two even know what's going on between you?"

"We're... we're... well... Draco." Magnolia stumbled.

"Ok, different question." Pansy interrupted, "What happened when we all went to bed after the Second Task? Because that was when it changed, did you two kiss?"

Magnolia and Draco glanced at each other, "Yes."

"So, are you two a couple now?" Daphne asked.

"We're just keeping it casual. Low profile." Magnolia replied.

"Lia's worried about her brother's reaction and it distracting him from the Tournament." Draco continued, sarcastically. "It's easier for us to not go public with this yet, too many people will have opinions."

"Well, we think it's great." Pansy told the pair.

"About bloody time." Theo laughed.

The following days were much easier for the pair, Magnolia knew that when she and Draco were with their friends, they didn't have to hide anything. It was pleasant, those few days. Magnolia would wake to a mug of tea on her bedside table every morning and be escorted to the Great Hall by Draco.