Chapter 36.

Chapter 36.

Magnolia felt Malfoy's hand squeeze tighter against her as she finished telling him about her dream. His face had frozen in a cold glare, and Magnolia couldn't bear to look at him anymore. She could feel the concern rolling off of him.

She could tell by the look in his eyes, the fire reflected in them, he was worried about the same thing she was. He was worried that her dream was her future, that she really would turn Dark and chose Voldemort over everyone else.

"You chose him?" Malfoy didn't take his eyes off the fire, "You chose him, over who?"

"Harry." Magnolia began, "Harry, Ron, Hermione. George, Fred and Ginny."

She didn't tell him about Sirius and Lupin being in the dream too, she hadn't told any of her Slytherin friends about Sirius, she couldn't. It felt strange keeping secrets from Malfoy, she could usually tell him anything and everything, but she had to protect Sirius.

"But not me? Not us, I mean, not Tracey or Daphne, Theo or Blaise or even Pansy?"

Magnolia pulled out of Malfoy's grasp, folding her legs under her and faced him.

"No, not you." She mumbled, "You guys weren't there."

"That means something, doesn't it?"

"Like what?"

"Like, it was just a dream." Malfoy turned to her, finally looking into her eyes, "It was just a dream brought on by the article saying those things about you being a Dark Witch."

"How can you know that?" Magnolia murmured, "I don't want to be Dark like she said. I don't want to choose him."

Malfoy grasped her hands, "If you had to choose, right now, choose between him and this. If you had to choose between the Dark Lord, and us here right now, your friends at Hogwarts, your life, Harry, George, me. What would you choose?"

"You," Magnolia responded immediately, "This, here. I'd choose this, not him."

Malfoy brought her hands up to his lips and kissed them, before pulling her back into his body and wrapping his arm around her. Magnolia could feel him rubbing up and down her arm, comfortingly.

"No need to worry then." He whispered into her hair, "And every time you start to worry that you're turning into that Dark Witch who choses him, I'll be there to remind you why you shouldn't."

That was the position Theo and Blaise found them in in the morning, Magnolia curled up in Malfoy's arms, asleep against his chest. It was early, Magnolia could tell by the soft lighting, and the boys had woken up for Quidditch training.

Magnolia idly wondered how many other students had walked past her and Malfoy, asleep together on the sofa, before their friends had woken them. The boys all glanced at her before they let her walk away, Malfoy with a hint of worry, but Theo and Blaise were both wearing an amused smirk.

A few days later, a few days full of Theo and Blaise's obvious teasing of Magnolia, and she was sat with Harry, Ron and Hermione in Charms class. Harry was telling them about his trip to the Prefects Bathroom with the egg, the poem and his realisation.

"How are you supposed to breath under water?" Magnolia asked, "Harry, you can barely swim!"

"I can swim better then you, you just sink." Harry replied, a small smile breaking out across his face.

Magnolia hit his arm, knowing that he was remembering the only time they had had swimming lessons. She hadn't been able to float at all, every time she took her feet off the pool floor she would start sinking.