Chapter 14

Chapter 14.

The night before the Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw Quidditch match, Magnolia sat with Hermione watching her make her way through her mountain of schoolwork. Magnolia didn't know how Hermione was making it to all her classes and keeping up with all the work from them. Everyone Magnolia had spoken to said that Hermione hadn't missed any of her classes, even when some classes were run at the same time.

Magnolia put her feet up on the chair in front of her and looked around the Library at the other students. Harry and Ron had both been noticeably absent when Magnolia was with Hermione since Harry had had the Firebolt taken away for testing. The fracture in the boy's friendship with Hermione had only gotten worse when Ron accused Crookshanks of killing his rat. Magnolia didn't know why he was so upset; Scabbers was very old and Magnolia had never liked him anyway.

"Please come tomorrow Hermione." Magnolia pleaded.

She had been trying to convince Hermione to go to the match the following day but had always been replied to with a resounding 'no'. Magnolia wasn't going to miss the match; she had promised Harry that she would never miss another of his matches after he had fallen off his broom and she wasn't there.

Unfortunately, it seemed like there was no changing Hermione's mind, and when Magnolia left the library for bed, Hermione was still sat there working.

Luckily for Magnolia, a lot of the Slytherin's were going to watch the match, most of them just to see Harry's new broom in action. She walked down to the stands with Daphne and Tracey; Theo, Blaise and Adrian were close behind them, keeping watch on Magnolia. The three girls made their way into the stands, making sure to get a spot right at the front so Magnolia could see Harry well.

Magnolia kept her gaze on Harry for the entire match, her fingers digging into the wood of the stands. She had to admit, the Firebolt was an amazing broom, it seemed to put everyone else's to shame. Harry was diving, turning, and speeding away better than anyone else on the pitch. As Harry suddenly speed up, he glanced in her direction and seemed to go completely white.

Before Magnolia could do anything, Harry had sent a shot of blinding white light towards her. Behind her, she could a hear a scream and turned in time to see a Dementor right behind her. She froze, her breathe catching in her throat, before she realised that other Slytherins were laughing.

Magnolia stomped away with Tracey, Daphne and Theo quickly following her. Harry had caught the Snitch and was running to her, leaving his teammates behind to celebrate their win. As he caught up to her, so did Professor Lupin.

"That was quite some Patronus." Professor Lupin congratulated Harry.

"What were Dementors doing in the stands!?" Harry shouted, "They were right behind Maggie!"

"Harry... They weren't Dementors." Magnolia told him.

"You gave a few Slytherin team members quite the fright." Professor Lupin smiled.

Harry looked at back at Magnolia, glancing over her to make she was alright. She smiled back at him, just some Slytherins making a stupid joke. Magnolia hugged Harry and congratulated him before excusing herself back to her Common Room.

Daphne and Theo were cursing the boys who had done it, they seemed angrier than Magnolia was, and Tracey was watching her like she was about to break down. Magnolia couldn't understand what the boys had been thinking, she was furious.

More then the anger she felt at them though, she was so disappointed in Malfoy. Magnolia had thought they were moving forwards and even building some sort of friendship. She had told him things that she hadn't told other people, that she couldn't tell other people. Malfoy knew how she reacted to the Dementor, had this not just been for Harry, but to mess with her too?