Chapter 32.

Chapter 32.

Magnolia and Malfoy stood in the Room of Requirement, both of their chests heaving after the kiss they had just shared. Magnolia could still feel the tingling in her lips, the heat from where his hands had been on her.

Malfoy took a step towards Magnolia, who stepped back, keeping the distance between them. The grin on Malfoy's face changed to confusion as he saw Magnolia's panic.

"We- We can't."

"Excuse me?"

"We shouldn't- Pansy already cursed me down the stairs. If she finds out we kissed, she'd never forgive me!"

"You're unbelievable." Malfoy blanched, "You shouldn't be worrying about her forgiving you. She should be begging for your forgiveness. Can we, just for a minute, not think about Pansy, or Harry, or George, or anyone else for that matter. For just one minute, can you please put yourself first?"

Magnolia paused, not knowing what to say or do. This was the second time she'd found herself in this situation this year, the difference this time was that her first instinct wasn't to run away from Malfoy.

"I don't... I don't put everyone else first."

Malfoy sighed and pinched the top of his nose, "Yes. You do. It's infuriatingly endearing. Not that you have much choice with your brother."

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"I want you to say what you want." Malfoy stepped towards Magnolia, "I want you to trust me enough to know I wouldn't let Pansy hurt you because of this."

Magnolia felt frozen; they had been able to tell each other things they couldn't tell anyone else since their First Year, but she had never seen Malfoy like this. He was begging her to trust him, begging her to take a chance. To take a chance on him, on them, and on herself.

"I..."

"You don't have to decide right now." Malfoy murmured as he placed a kiss on her forehead, his hand resting on the back of her neck and playing with her hair.

He stepped back and walked towards the Room of Requirement door, grasping the door handle before he turned back to face Magnolia. She was still stood where he had kissed her; her emotions causing chaos in her mind.

"Just, do me a favour." Malfoy continued, "Don't make me wait another four years."

Before Magnolia could reply, Malfoy had pulled the door open and left her alone in the Room of Requirement. For minutes she didn't move. Eventually though, she brought her fingers up to her lips, a small smile dancing across them.

If she pushed everything aside; her twins intense and bitter rivalry with Malfoy, Pansy's feelings for him, George's feelings for her, her two opposing friendship groups' thoughts on her friendships and relationships, her own opposing thoughts and feelings about Malfoy- she had wanted that. She wanted it again.

But all the other factors were there. Harry would disown her if she started a relationship with Malfoy. He wasn't happy whenever she mentioned him or talked to him in front of Harry already. Sometimes, she didn't like Malfoy either. Sometimes, they fought and bickered viciously. Surely that wasn't a foundation to start a romance on.

He was though, the only person she could completely open up to. Magnolia laughed; how many times had she thought that recently?

She sat back down on the sofa she had been on before Malfoy had come in, thinking back on the other times she had had these thoughts. It felt to her like she had been battling the same thoughts constantly. Magnolia leant her head back on the sofa and sighed; so much for this year not being about boys.