Chapter 29.

Chapter 29.

Magnolia was stood in the Astrology Tower, chest to chest with George. She had finally told him about her nightmares, her fear that they were somehow linked to Voldemort. Although, she had hoped that he had missed her almost call the dark wizard Tom Riddle.

She still wasn't ready for George to know about that. Only Malfoy knew that Magnolia had called him by his real name. It would be too difficult to explain to George right now; she had kept so much from not only George, but her brother and other Gryffindor friends. George sighed and wrapped his arms around Magnolia.

"I should've realised. After what happened at the World Cup, then Moody showing everyone the Unforgivable's. Then, of course, Harry being thrown into the Tournament. I should've realised that your mind would automatically jump to You-Know-Who."

Magnolia stilled.

"You think I'm just being paranoid?" Magnolia mumbled.

"When you say it like that, I sound like a terrible friend." George laughed smally, "I'm just saying that you've been through a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if Harry being in danger would make you think of You-Know-Who, especially after seeing his Mark at the World Cup."

George brought a hand up to Magnolia's face, stroking her cheek and pushing her hair back off her face. Magnolia gazed into his eyes, Pansy's words from earlier floating through her mind. Magnolia watched, not moving, as George dipped closer to her until she could feel his breath on her face.

His eyes flickered between her eyes and her lips; a questioning look on his face. Magnolia could tell he was asking her permission. Her mind briefly went to Malfoy, just a few days ago she had been in a similar situation with him. She could still feel his hands in hers, his body against hers; she could almost imagine she was there again.

Moments later she felt George's lips on her own. His hand on her face moved to the back of her neck, the one on her back pressed her to him. Magnolia dropped her arms limply at her sides, shock coursing through her body. George slowly moved back, his forehead resting on Magnolia's.

"I... erm..."

"Sorry." George murmured, "Apparently I couldn't wait."

"Er... yeah, apparently. I, erm... I should be getting back."

Magnolia didn't know what to say, she didn't know how to act. She knew that she was being a coward by practically running away, but she wasn't sure what to do and the only idea to come to mind was running away.

"Oh." George replied, dumbfounded, "Sure, ok. Do you want me to walk you home? I mean... to your Common Room?"

"It's ok, I'm sure I remember the way."

"Right. Ok."

George let go of Magnolia quickly, the two quietly making their way back down the stairs into the corridor. Magnolia cringed at the awkward goodbye when they parted ways and chastised herself the entire way back to her Common Room.

She was extra careful as she crept through the corridors; it wasn't as late as it had been when he left the Hufflepuff party, and teachers could still be out patrolling. She breathed a sigh of relief when she turned the corner to her Common Room.

Her relief didn't last long though, it dissipated when she heard giggling from behind a Tapestry opposite the entrance to the Slytherin Common Room. Magnolia frowned at the sound. What made it worse was that Magnolia recognised the giggle. She closed her eyes with a shaky breath.

Before she could hear anything else, she hurried through the Common Room and into her Dorm. She changed out of her clothes, slipping into her pyjama's and picking up Kaida from her bed, before padding back into the Common Room to wait for her friends. They had gone to the Hufflepuff party for Cedric, but she wasn't in the mood to go there now.