Chapter 4

Chapter 4.

The Great Hall was silent. Magnolia sat frozen on the stool with the Sorting Hat still resting on her head. She could see Harry's surprised face out of all of the students in the Hall. Ron had told them about all the Houses on the train; Slytherin seemed to be the worst of the four. He had told Magnolia and Harry that Voldemort, the wizard who had murdered her parents and tried to kill Harry, had been in Slytherin.

"Ahem, Miss Potter, you should go to... your house now." Professor McGonagall mumbled, unsure.

Magnolia stood from the stool, the Professor taking the Sorting Hat from her, and walked over to the Slytherin table. As she walked closer, the Hall seemed to come out of its shock; Slytherin table especially.

"We got the other Potter!"

"We have Miss Potter!"

"Miss Potter is ours!"

As Magnolia made it to the table, two girls moved apart so she could sit down, the entire House was cheering and trying to reach her. People were reaching to shake Magnolia's hand, touch her shoulder, introduce themselves and some were still cheering. Professor McGonagall shushed the Slytherins, before continuing to call out the names of first years.

"I'm Daphne," the blonde-haired girl next to Magnolia said, "Daphne Greengrass."

"And I'm Tracey Davis." The dark-haired girl on her other side introduced.

"Hi, I'm-"

Daphne laughed, "The most talked about girl in Hogwarts right now."

Magnolia glanced around the Great Hall; students from all the houses were still looking over at her. No one was paying much attention to the Sorting anymore. Daphne was right, everyone was talking about Magnolia.

"Great. Two smug, fame hungry Potter's." Malfoy's cold voice came from across the table.

He was sat only a few people up from Magnolia on the other side of the table, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle on one side and a dark-haired girl on his other side. Magnolia rolled her eyes; of course she would be put in the same House as him, it was even worse than that Granger girl.

"Oh Drakey, leave her alone." The girl beside him said, "I'm Pansy Parkinson, by the way."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you."

"This is Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott." She introduced the boys who were sat opposite Magnolia.

Both the boys smiled at her. So far, the only the bad thing about Slytherin was Malfoy.

Over the next few weeks, Magnolia became used to the students of other houses staring at her as she walked through the corridors. Luckily, her fellow Slytherins had gotten over the shock and confusion quickly. She had had to explain a couple of times that it was a recurring thing that people didn't seem to remember her, and after that her house mates rallied around her.

She became fast friends with the girls she shared a room with; the same girls she'd met during the Welcome Feast, Daphne, Tracey and even Pansy though she was good friends with Malfoy. The girls were quick to fill Magnolia in on things she would need to know about Hogwarts, Slytherins and the rest of the houses and often saved her from embarrassing moments with other students.

Magnolia was already enjoying her lessons, learning all sorts of amazing things. She'd laughed during her first Transfiguration lesson, having seen Professor McGonagall transform into a tabby cat in front of the class and then her brother and Ron had run in late, only to be caught out rather embarrassingly by the teacher. She hadn't enjoyed the first Potions lesson as much though; she'd been sat next to Harry and although the Potions teacher, Professor Snape, had taken an instant disliking to her brother, he had completely ignored her.