Chapter 48: A Giant Mess of a Puzzle

AN: This took way longer than it should be T-T

Sorry...

I've been trying, I swear, but at one point I kinda forgot how to write. Ngl.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter 48: A Giant Mess of a Puzzle

Third POV

Geno is at lost for words.

He was still reeling back from shock and Geno believed he saw a side of Error that no one has ever seen before.

It was utterly unexpected and it rendered Geno frozen on his spot, still trying to absorb the pieces of information that were untimely laid out before him.

Although vague, it is enough for Geno to have a bit of an insight about the Destroyer of the Universe.

And he wasn't as he seems.

There's more about him other than the 'heartless killing machine' they all seem to know. Something no one, not even Ink, has knowledge about and it felt wrong to simply ignore it.

How could he, anyway, when Error just cried right in front of him.

Less than a minute ago, he'd be immediately looking for a way out once given a chance. Like this exact moment, he's alone and unrestrained, a perfect opportunity to escape.

But he can't. There's something holding him back.

There's a nagging thought in his head telling him that there's something entirely wrong about this whole situation and if he leave now, things will remain the same.

Things will stay the way they are; a chaotic mess of endless war between the creator and the destroyer. Geno is aware of the on-going thousands of years of conflict between the two ancient beings; Ink told him about it.

But, Geno thought to himself, why exactly were they fighting in the first place?

Ink's reason for fighting was plain and simple; protecting the multiverse and preventing Error from destroying it.

But what about Error? What's his reason?

Geno couldn't help but feel guilty for never asking the question. In fact, nobody did.

It's just so easy to accept that Error is the bad guy, he slotted into the role too perfectly even without any proper explanation. To the rest of the multiverse, it's a given.

Especially with the kind of reputation Error has.

But Error cried! Geno reminded himself. It says a lot. It means a lot.

It means Error is not cold and heartless. It means Error has feelings. It means he's hurting.

It means he has a story. A background story no one cares to know, no one cares to figure out and understand because... it's easier not to.

Geno could feel the adrenaline pumping through his bones as he felt himself grew closer to the realization of the truth. He can feel it. He's so close.

Yet he's so afraid. Doubt and hesitation started to take over his mind and began dragging him away from the 'truth' as if his subconscious knew it'll hurt him.